Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Fretlesses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FreeSpirit, Jun 18, 2005.

1. I'm looking at getting a fretless, my first fretless bass. i have a MIM jazz 4 and a MIA jazz deluxe 5 fender, and i think i want a fender jazz fretless 4. my question is does Fender have a fretless that is unlined? or do they only sell lined fretless basses? aswell, the same question with the SX basses, are they only lined fretlesses?

2. Check for MIJ Fenders, most tend to be unlined. Good stuff from Japan, especially in the early 80s.

3. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    yep, there is (or was) a MIJ unlined jazz, rosewood board, I actually tried one last monday, a good fretless indeed, the model I tried was smoking with an ebony nut and a wooden control plate!

4. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    This

5. JebusChrist

JebusChrist

May 23, 2005
    NYC
    ive seen someone selling that exact model on craigslist before. i was so close to getting it, but someone picked it up right before i did :(
    250 bucks for it, so cheap...

6. darkside 88

darkside 88

Feb 23, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    I suggest a Warwick Corvette Standard. The tone can only be described as 'hot greasy mwah sex', especially with roundwounds.

7. Yeah, Corvettes are great, but pricey... If you want to just buy an SX, you could get a Warmoth neck unlined, and anyway you like it to bolt on directly... Then throw that SX neck on the 'bay, and try to make some scratch back :smug:

Later,
    ~Ryan