Fender FSR Made in Japan Jazz Bass in Black Paisley

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TB24, Oct 2, 2020.

1. TB24

TB24

May 5, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Has anyone bought or seen this bass in person? It looks like it was only released in Europe. Most of the UK sites are sold out (AString, Anderstons, etc,). There does appear to be a couple left at PMT at the Manchester and Leeds location. They don't ship to the US, but trying to get an opinion on it as well to find someone to pick one up for me.

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 11.52.31 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 11.52.53 PM.png

Ghastly, exidor, blacktocomm and 36 others like this.
  2. lowdownthump

lowdownthump

Jul 17, 2004
    I had forgotten all about these. Thanks for reminding me !!:drool::woot::drool::woot:

TB24 likes this.
  3. ruju

ruju

Dec 9, 2017
    Ontario,Canada
    I haven't seen this before but my buddy has a strat with this look. Nothing short of stellar.

TB24 likes this.
  4. lowdownthump

lowdownthump

Jul 17, 2004
    Just checked the specs . Now I remember why I didn’t go for one . The U shaped neck . They are usually too chunky for my small hands. But this one has a 9.5 radius vs 7.5 . Hmmmm!
    This bass is just beautiful.

TB24 likes this.
  5. sleddogn

sleddogn

Sep 8, 2013
    it screams jack daniels and coke for some reason

Vinny_G, kesslari, Bleecker and 6 others like this.
  6. TB24

TB24

May 5, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Yes, I saw the Strat version as well. It looks pretty good let’s Rosewood, but on this base with the maple neck and block inlays, it really pops!

ruju likes this.
  7. TB24

TB24

May 5, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Yes, there are some bases that I have that I would not play for a long period of time because of the neck, but regardless of the next shape on this one, I would buy it just because it’s so beautiful and unique! That’s why I’m hoping I can find somebody in the UK to grab this for me. Don’t know why they didn’t make this available in the US.

L Anthony and lowdownthump like this.
  8. TB24

TB24

May 5, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    I know right lol! An ice cold beverage and some funky beats definitely should be accompanying this bass lol :)

lowdownthump likes this.
  9. Corevalay

Corevalay Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    New Jersey
    I've been seeing these in a Fender Jazz Facebook group. I really wish I didn't know it existed because it's definitely on my mind!

TB24, lowdownthump and Killing Floor like this.
  10. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
    I like it. Retro-chic 3-bolt neck. And the famous "do not throw it away" sticker. I would not throw it away. I'd play it.

TB24, Outshined91 and lowdownthump like this.
  11. JoeDaddio

JoeDaddio Supporting Member

That's hot. I've got a thing for paisley.

It'd be cool to see a P, too, but... well, who am I kidding: that's well above my price point anyways!

joe

TB24, johnnynitro and lowdownthump like this.
  12. felis

felis

Jul 31, 2013
    Midwest, USA
    I could have sworn I heard something about Fender shutting down Japan operations about the time the MIJ Mustang was discontinued.
    Are they back again, or did I hear wrong.

They always seemed to have neat stuff there that wasn't brought over to the US.

TB24 likes this.
  13. Ender_rpm

Ender_rpm

Apr 18, 2004
    St. Louis MO
    Shes a beaut Clark!!

two fingers and TB24 like this.
  14. TrevorG

TrevorG Gold Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2012
    U.K.
    You see!? This is why I hate TB. Saw this on Instagram. Had 30 seconds GAS and moved on. Now you've gone and told me they're for sale at the same shop I bought my Ultra PJ and the bloody thing is just about affordable. Going to try it next week. If I buy it - I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU!!!!!!....... but if it's any good I'll let you know and we can talk delivery(damn I'm a soft touch).

15. Lesfunk

Lesfunk Bootlegger guitars : S.I.T. Strings Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Florida USA
    If I buy one I expect Lenny Kravitz to hire me on the spot...

lowdownthump, TB24 and TrevorG like this.
  16. knumbskull

knumbskull

Jul 28, 2007
    UK
    Can’t decide if i love this or hate it!

Ghastly, juancaminos and TB24 like this.
  17. Real Soon

Real Soon

Aug 15, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    So would I if I were in a bar with one of these puppies :cool:

TB24 likes this.
  18. Real Soon

Real Soon

Aug 15, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    I'm generally good on Fender Jazz basses, like the look okay but I just don't need one.

But I would not kick this one off my wall hanger. That's a stunner. Matches a shirt of mine, too lol

lowdownthump and TB24 like this.
  19. moley6knipe

moley6knipe

Dec 18, 2018
    Yeah I’d rock that. Sucker for a paisley finish.

lowdownthump, TB24 and johnnynitro like this.
  20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021