1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Fender 'Geddy Lee' Jazz Bass - Vancouver, BC only - No shipping.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ::::BASSIST::::, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Fender 'Geddy Lee' Jazz Bass for sale. It has DiMarzio Model J pickups in it and a black pickguard. Very fast & thin neck which is in VERY good condition. The body has wear but there is virtually no fret wear at all. This bass also has the Badass II bridge which is really nice. These are made in Japan and are very nice basses. I will also include a front pickup "ashtray" style cover. The action is medium-low and its strung with D'Addario rounds that have quite a bit of life left. This is a very combfortable playing bass with a fantastic look and really nice tone.

I am selling because I have switched to playing strictly shortscale and this bass has not been getting any playing time.

I can throw in a soft case as well.

I'll take pics in the next few days. In the meantime here is a pic (not mine) to get you salivating. Again, keep in mind the bass I am selling has much more wear on the body.
    [​IMG]

This one is local only. No shipping. No trades.

Price is $725 and that is a *very* FIRM price.

2. ::::BASSIST::::

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    bump

3. ::::BASSIST::::

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    BTW, I wrote that ad specifically for Craigslist. Alot of those descriptors are obvious for gear hounds like us. :cool: :bassist:

4. Trailight

Trailight

Oct 19, 2010
    Vancouver BC
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Bass / Darkglass Electronics / Tsunami Cables
    Bump for Vancouver represent!!!! :bassist:

5. ::::BASSIST::::

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Thanks Bro!

6. spitskin

spitskin

May 11, 2012
    Im in vancouver bc!
    I need a bass!
    ;)

7. Rocinante_x1

Rocinante_x1 Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Washington State
    i just got my Ric tone switch today. wont have time to change it till tomorrow but will put a picture of the Rockinbetter wiring before I fit the switch and any changes I make to the wiring to make it more in line with Ric wiring.
    I agree with Sloppy_Phil that the bridge will be a real pain to change as the damp is where the adjustment is on a Rockinbetter. so the whole Ric bridge would have to be an inch nearer to the neck than the Rockinbetter bridge,
    i do think the Rockinbetter bridge is a good one.
    when you play a note listen to the sustain. that no small part to the bridge.
    i would hold off on changing the pups till you hear how it sounds with changing the wiring loom.
    i think the pick-up are really good on the Rockinbetter and at the moment i'm really happy with the sound of both

8. ::::BASSIST::::

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Sorry bro. Putting this sale on hold for now. I need to put the pickups back in and I am just WAY too busy with other stuff going on right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.