Fender Geddy Lee Jazz replacement pickguard

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tightbidness, May 24, 2005.

1. I'd like to get a quality replacement pickguard in black/white/black. Does the Fender '75 Jazz Bass Reissue pickguard fit the Geddy Lee? I ordered a direct replacement from an independent source but the edge was sloppy.
  2. Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
  3. thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    I used terrapin for my bwb geddy pickguard, came out real nice
  4. Thanks for responding guys. I ordered a pickguard from John at Terrapin after reading about the company in another Geddy Lee thread. It arrived last week, and I immediately returned it. John was great to deal with, but the work was sloppy. I showed the guard to a friend who knows next to nothing about guitars and she said, “It shouldn’t look like that, should it?”

I don't want to flame Terrapin. This is my only experience with the company and my guard could have been an aberration. But at any rate now I’m looking for another source.
  5. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Best bet would be to mail out your original pickguard to a company like WD Pickguards or Jeannie Pickguards to have it copied exactly.
  6. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    I think I emailed them a while back and got a reply that they had a template for the GL already, but you'd have to double check. The don't really have a decent list posted anywhere on their website.

7. Chandler Guitars has a custom pickguard shop. I bought a black pearloid one for my GL from them and it fits perfectly, also the workmanship is first rate.

If I remember it took about 5 weeks to get and cost about $53.00 shipped. :cool:

Search on TB for Geddy Lee pickguards, there are two or three threads with URLs.

8. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    I think pickguardheaven.com has the GL template.
  9. Thanks everyone. Here is Chandler's pickguard site for future reference:

EDIT: Beat me to it, jja412! Pickguard Heaven and pickguards.us apper to be one in the same.