Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by eqvolvorama, Mar 8, 2006.

1. eqvolvorama

eqvolvorama Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2000
    Arlington, Virginia
    I recently obtained my 'dream axe' Yamaha BB3000S and my Geddy just isn't getting the attention it deserves anymore, so here goes....

For sale is a 2-year old Fender Geddy Lee Sig. Jazz. It's in excellent condition, save for one minor scrape on the end of the headstock (see pics) and one pinhole-size ding at the heel of the bass that was there out of the box and was too small for my digital camera to capture. Also, the 'Limited Edition' plate on the back of the neck shows some tarnishing, but there is no beltbuckle or other wear on the back whatsoever. The fretboard wear is minor, and all in all this bass is in better shape than most guitars you'd see on the rack at GC.

I've replaced the original white pickguard with a 3-ply tortoiseshell, but I'll include the original pickguard with the deal. I'll pack the bass in a gig bag from Rondo.

I'm asking $500 plus shipping. Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

2. eqvolvorama

Dec 11, 2000
    Arlington, Virginia
    Below is a picture of the scrape on the headstock. The scrape is at the back edge of the headstock, and to be honest with you I don't remember how it happened. It most likely rubbed against a wall at some juncture.

3. If no one wants the tort. pickguard... Can I have a nab at it Dan? I could really use it. :help:

Thanks,
    Evan

4. birminghambass

birminghambass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Birmingham, AL
    PM sent.

5. jbs

jbs

Jan 30, 2006
    Richmond, MI
    PM sent.

6. is this still available?

7. eqvolvorama

Dec 11, 2000
    Arlington, Virginia
    Still available! I've been answering questions, but there is no sale yet.

8. That tort guard looks wicked on that bass. Bump for a cool looking bass.

9. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    +1! all that bass needs to finish the look would be a chrome neck pickup cover. free bump!

10. birminghambass

birminghambass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Birmingham, AL
    Another PM sent.

11. 425 plus shipping? and a chocolate bar (nuts are optional)

12. jbs

jbs

Jan 30, 2006
    Richmond, MI
    Another another PM sent.

13. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Hard to believe this is still available. These usually sell on Epray for at least 500. If I didn't already own one.....;)

14. eqvolvorama

Dec 11, 2000
    Arlington, Virginia
    The bass is SOLD! Thanks to all for inquiring.