Fender Gen. 4 Noiseless J pups ...?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by madjazzbass, Jun 29, 2017.

1. madjazzbass

madjazzbass

Jan 5, 2014
    Earth
    So, I just discovered that Fender is selling the new Generation 4 Noiseless J pups (the same ones that come with the new Elite series Jazzes) on their site; I've heard the new Elite Jazz Basses and I think they sound Fantastic; a lot better than the Deluxe series; I have a (2015 natural) American Deluxe 4 Jazz and I'm VERY tempted to pull the trigger on a set of these new Generation 4 Noiseless J pups in hopes of getting/gaining that same Elite Jazz Bass tone from my Amer. Dlx. Now, I do understand that the preamp in the new Elites are different/ "Beefed up" as well, (they're not selling those on the site ... Yet:meh:), but I figure I'd start with the pups, then maybe find a used Preamp from someone that didn't particularly care for the tone/sound of the new Fender pre:whistle:. I think the pups "should" get me a least close to the tone(s) of the new Elite J's:rolleyes:; Thoughts? 0992262000_merch_frt_001_nr (1).

2. Jonathan C

Jonathan C Supporting Member

May 31, 2016
    Melville, NY
    I love my Elite Jazz! The range of tone available is perfect for almost any situation. I use them passive somewhat more often than active however. They are surprisingly high output passive as well. IMHO, I don't believe Fender will be in any rush if ever to offer the preamp from the Elite series for sale as that could affect the exclusivity of those models.

madjazzbass likes this.
  3. FacStudio

FacStudio

Sep 16, 2016
    Worcester, UK
    Like Jonathan I love my Elite Jazz too and the Noiseless Pups are pretty good indeed. In fact at lot of Fenders newer pups are pretty good. I also have a American Pro Precision and the VMods in that are excellent too. Passive performance on the Noiseless 4 is excellent so droppiing them into any Jazz would be a great upgrade imo.

madjazzbass likes this.
  4. madjazzbass

madjazzbass

Jan 5, 2014
    Earth
    Yeah, makes sense, Thanks

5. madjazzbass

madjazzbass

Jan 5, 2014
    Earth
    Thanks, I'm Definitely swapping out the N3's in my American Deluxe for the Gen. 4 Noiseless pups. ... I'll still have the original Fender preamp at least.