1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender GL Jazz w\Tort Guard

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by christle, Jan 3, 2007.

1. christle

christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    This evening I picked up a slightly used Fender Geddy Lee Jazz. (I'll post pics tomorrow when I have time). I want to replace the pickguard and was thinking of black or tort. I searched the forum and found great examples of black and black pearl. Anyone have a pick of a Geddy Lee with a tort guard? I would like to see an example before I pull the trigger on ordering one.

Much thanks. :bassist: :bassist:

2. SuperSnake2012

SuperSnake2012 floppy b strings

Dec 12, 2006
    Bronx, NY
  3. christle

christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Thanks for the link. I would like to see one on a GL before I order one, if you have a picture of one on a Geddy Lee I would appreciate it. :)

4. dwjazz54

dwjazz54

Jan 21, 2003
    Jersey City, NJ
    Geddy himself played one on "Driven" from the Rush in Rio DVD. They've probably got it on youtube if you do a search.
    I think it's one of the most beautiful basses ever with the tort guard!

5. SuperSnake2012

SuperSnake2012 floppy b strings

Dec 12, 2006
    Bronx, NY
    geddy3.

I found this online... owner changed the neck though, but the body is the same.

6. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    50$ is highway robbery for a pickguard. I've wanted a new one for my Geddy to make it "unique" but at that price, I'll just get new knobs. Or so I thought.

The standard shaft knobs DO NOT FIT the Geddy. I don't know if Japanese basses take a special type, but the unthreaded knobs with the allen screw in the side that fit any other bass will not fit the Geddy.. the shafts are too big on the Geddy.

That aside, the Geddy is a great, great bass. You can't go wrong.

7. christle

christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    I got that DVD so I will check it out this evening. I never noticed before so it will be another good excuse for viewing :D

I am pretty pleased with the bass and have no plans to change the knobs. If you look at the link that SuperSnake posted the p/g's are 24.95 US. Not bad if you ask me.

SuperSnake: that is one nice look with the Pearloid p/g. I may have to think about that one.

Keep posting you guys. :bassist: