fender help?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by madfiddler, May 17, 2005.

1. hopefully someone can point me in the right direction...

I have a screw loose! or more accurately I HAD a screw loose and now I've lost it.

I have an American Fender Deluxe P-Bass V and the tuners have a small screw and washer at the base. Over time these seem to have worked loose and now I've lost a couple :crying:

Firstly does anyone know if this actually matters or will affect tuning - on the surface of things I can't really tell and they may possibly be cosmetic.

Secondly does anyone know how I can get hold of replacement screws & washers for this here in the UK? the fender europe web site was less than helpful!

Here is a picture so you can see what I'm talking about...
  2. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Those screws are used to tighten the tension of the tuners. does you bass stay tuned? does that particular tuner slip when you play? Is the place you bought the bass a Fender dealer? If it is have them order you a screw or two it shouldn't cost much.
  3. bass does appear to stay tuned - that's why I wasn';t sure what the screw actually did!

I bought the bass from a dealer on-line but can contact them no problem - but I don't think the bass is under guarantee...

4. rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Also, those are probably some fairly standard machine-thread screws and you should be able to get a reasonably matching one at a hardware store until you can get a Fender replacement. When you do get the replacement, add a drop of Loc-tite or fingernail polish to the threads before screwing it in... this should help them stay in place.

5. thanks for the fingernail polish tip!

I contacted the dealer and they actually gaev me the number of Fender in the UK. At first they said I need to purchase an entire machine head but sourcing a single one would be difficlt and they maybe could only get a set of four!.....however, I've sent them the above photo and they are going to see if they can "acquire" a screw & washer from elsewhere for me.

In case anyone is interested or needs to phone Fender in the UK the number I was given by the dealer is 01342 331726. This may be hidden away on their web site somewhere, but I didn't spot it.

6. totally useless post here but i just want to say UK phone numbers look soooo wierd lol here it is somthing like