Fender help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DRW, Aug 16, 2003.

1. DRW

Jul 16, 2003
    San Diego, Cal.
    I need some help deciding on which bass i should buy. Currently i have a Ibanez gsr 200, which i have owned for about a year and a half now. I have really been leaning twards a Fender Jazz (possibly the Geddy Lee Jazz Bass), but i am keeping an open mind. By the way, i play mostly rock if that helps you any.
    Any suggestions? PLEASE!

2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Geddy Lee is good, or jst a plain MIA jazzbass.
  3. I played the Geddy Lee jazz at GC once, and it FREAKIN OWNED!!!

Buy it, you will be VERRY pleased with it.

I may even buy one once I have money.
  4. from wat i read in bassplayer, any thing mia is the same thing besides hardware,picups,inlays and wat they use for the fender logo gold leaf vs a plain decal.
  5. I say get the Geddy Lee, but try it out before hand. It has a very slim neck profile, it might not be your thing.
  6. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    If you like it, act quick, there's one in immaculate condition in the For Sale Forum here for $500.
  7. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    well the quality of wood is different from the mias also...

and so that makes awhole other bass

i had a mia jazz...loved it but traded for a ric 4003..and have never looked back

8. OldDawg

Jul 4, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    I have a few basses but keep going back to my Fender MIA JBass. It feels good and sounds great.

Also the Fender Marcus Miller 4-string is a great bass for the money.

Steve B.
  9. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    The Geddy Lee Jazz is a great bass.
    For the price you really can't do much better. It's a great bass for rock, Just ask Geddy.
  10. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Either the Geddy or the MIA should be fine. The Geddy has a flatter neck radius than most jazzes IIRC.
  11. I love the Geddy Lee and Marcus Miller... either or will make you a very happy person.

Try 'em out, and chances will be that you'll love 'em.