Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Highway 1 - Modified.

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by ErikP.Bass, Jul 22, 2005.

1. ErikP.Bass

ErikP.Bass Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2004
    For sale is a Fender USA Highway 1 Jazz Bass. The controls have been modified to Volume-Blend-Tone and the pickups have been upgraded to DiMarzio Model J's. The control cavity has been shielded and the bass is dead quiet.

Also included is a Fender hardshell case. Used, but perfectly functional.

I am looking to get $465.00 plus shipping. Please PM me if interested or if you have any questions. Attached are some pictures.

2. ErikP.Bass

Nov 23, 2004
    Here are some photos of the case.

3. ErikP.Bass

Nov 23, 2004
    Here is a photo of the headstock. Please note these are pictures taken before the modifications......for those looking closely. If anyone is interested I can take some after mod pictures.

I am only looking to sell this bass to afford a G&L SB2. It sounds great, plays great (low action, recent setup and string change - D'Addario Mediums) and looks great.

4. Mind Eroded

Mind Eroded Supporting Member

Apr 25, 2003
    Brooklyn/Buffalo, NY
    great deal IMO. free bump :cool:

5. From the pictures it looks like you might have the Dimarzio Ultra Jazzes installed. Model J's don't have shiny pole pieces, but black allen wrench screws. I wouldn't mention it except that Ultra Jazzes and Model J's have a very different sound from each other.

6. ErikP.Bass

Nov 23, 2004
    You are correct, partly. The pickups in the pictures are not the Model J's, they are the Fender pickups that were in the bass when I purchased it. Rest assured, the ones in the bass currently are DiMarzio Model J's. I agree though, the Ultra Jazz have a very different sound than the Model J's.

7. How do you like the Model J's? I'm thinking about putting them in my MIA Jazz which also has a J-Retro.

8. ErikP.Bass

Nov 23, 2004
    Just wondering what people think......I've had 359 views and no offers. Is my asking price too high? Are people turned off by : the control modification? or just the fact that it is a Highway 1?

These are honest questions, I am not complaining or trying to be rude.

9. I think your price is spot-on but your handle "Eric P.bass" and the topic heading "Fender Highway 1 - Modified" led me to believe you were selling a Highway 1 Pbass, which is what I'd be interested in...

Good luck with the sale!

10. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I think people are generally skeptical of H1 basses - being the owner of a Highway 1 P-Bass, however, I know that they are about one of the best bargains you can get, _especially_ used. If I hadn't just bought a jazz bass, I would be all over yours in a heartbeat. These are great basses! For a few bucks more than a MIM jazz, this is a heck of a deal!

11. ErikP.Bass

Nov 23, 2004
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I thought the price I had was a fair shake. No sooner did I post the questions here did I get a phone call from my craigslist.com post. The guy came by, tried it out and bought it. The bass has found a happy home! :smug: