1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. We are aware of an issue affecting search results for classifieds searches and advanced search functions.  Actively working on a fix, thanks for your patience!

SOLD Fender Hollowbody Precision (PBAC 100) - Japanese Made

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by CJL, Feb 10, 2020.

1. CJL

CJL Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Dallas
    Price:
    Strings:
    Continuing the sell off of my 34" scale basses due to arthritis. I'll admit that this one may be more of a "feeler" and I may end up keeping it just because of the rarety of the bass..

This is a rare Fender Precision A/E bass (PBAC 100) with a semi-hollow body and both a Lace-Sensor P pickup and a Piezo acoustic-type bridge pickup. It also has been upgraded with the “Café Walter” piezo buffer which evens out the impedance between the two. The three knobs control volume, tone (active) and the blend between the two pickups. The tone can move between "thumping" P-Bass mag pick up sound to woody and punchy hi-fi acoustic tone and everywhere in between. It was made in Japan and the build quality is excellent.

There are a few dings and some cracking in the finish, but nothing structural, and definitely nothing that effects the playability. As a bonus, all 3 knobs have the "F" on the top of them, which seems to be the first thing that disappears on these basses throughout the years.

Body: Carved mahogany with spruce top
    Neck: Maple, bolt-on with Fender micro tilt
    Nut Width: 1 1/2”
    Fretboard: Rosewood,
    Fretboard Radius: 7.25"
    Scale: 34"
    Bridge: Rosewood (string thru body)
    Pickups: Lace Sensor P-Bass Silver & Piezo
    Controls: Volume / Tone / Balance
    Weight: 7lbs 12 oz

Asking $1025 shipped CONUS. There is no case or bag, but it will be packed well. I can also pick up a bag at the local music store also if necessary for shipping.

I will also consider shipping outside of CONUS if the buyer is willing to pay any additional fees.

No Trades please. Thanks for looking.

1 (2).jpg

1 (2).jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5a.jpg 6a.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg

2. Jabba the bass

Jabba the bass Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2015
    I’m not a p bass guy but that’s gorgeous!

CJL likes this.
  3. eddododo

eddododo Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2010
    Holy moly glwts, sorry you have to part with this absolute stunner

CJL likes this.
  4. lpcarter

lpcarter Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Minneapolis, MN
    Way cool!

CJL likes this.
  5. bherman

bherman Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Grand Junction, CO
    very cool bass - does it sound just like a P bass, or is there something else going on with the piezo blended with the P?

Never mind, I just read your description more closely. Looks like a real special bass.

CJL likes this.
  6. Cutter8

Cutter8 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2018
    Georgia
    That is a truly cool and unusual creature! Very nice! :thumbsup:

CJL likes this.
  7. Lunatique

Lunatique

Nov 23, 2007
    Lincoln, CA
    So tempted.

CJL likes this.
  8. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Wow, never seen one in black! (that wasnt an HM that is)

9. Too late for me. What a find this would have been. I can't tell if that is a reflection, but is the color green?

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 21, 2021