1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender hollowbody tele-bass, what was it?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sb69coupe, Apr 26, 2006.

1. sb69coupe

sb69coupe

Aug 9, 2004
    Raleigh NC
    Guys, I'm looking for some help in identifying a bass that I played last night. It was a Fender japanese built bass, not sure of the vintage. It had a single p-bass pickup and a piezo pickup under the bridge. It was a thinline hollowbody with a single f-hole on the upper side above the strings. I seem to recall it being a single cutaway body style, but I am not 100% certain of that. I played it at an open stage blues jam, and was really digging it.

Anyone have any ideas as to what model bass this was? I tried googling for pics or info, but I don't have specific enough info to yield a narrow enough set of results.

Thanks in advance.

2. There were two different Fenders with this configuration ...

1) Fender A/E (Acoustic/Electric) Precision:

[​IMG]

2) Fender HMT

[​IMG]

As a matter of fact, there is a TB'er who has an HMT that he was selling last month. I don't know if he sold it but if you'e interested, send a PM to "craigb"

3. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    Sounds like an Acoustic/Electric Precision; IIRC, they were made the early 90s.

4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

These are very telecaster infulenced [​IMG][/IMG][​IMG][/IMG]

5. sb69coupe

sb69coupe

Aug 9, 2004
    Raleigh NC
    Man, I knew I could count on you fellow TB'ers to help me out. It was indeed an A/E Precision exactly like the one IotaNet posted above, same light natural finish but the one I played was fretted. Thanks again for the help.