Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fender hot rodded american p-bass (transparent orange)

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by skunkrawk, Dec 15, 2003.

1. skunkrawk

skunkrawk

Apr 25, 2003
    DC
    fender hot rodded american p-bass in sunset orange transparent finish (this is the upgraded finish fender offered with an ash body) its basically a normal american p-bass just with an upgraded finish and a jazz bass pickup added at the bridge position for more tonal options. i bought it new 2 years ago, it has a decent amount of wear but still looks and sounds stunning, the wood pattern is beautiful through the see-through orange finish. i dont want to sell it but have to finance another bass i just bought. ill ship it with a hardshell case too, make me an offer! ill post pics soon, sorry for the delay

2. Is fretboard maple or rosewood?

3. kjr

kjr

Jan 25, 2003
    Michigan
    I'm interested in this bass. Could you please post some pictures of it? And tell how much you are willing to sell it for? Thanks

4. skunkrawk

skunkrawk

Apr 25, 2003
    DC
    rosewood fretboard, does $600 sound alright? i paid much more for it new, price is negotiable, heres some poorly taken pics (i retook them several times and none of them do the bass justice)

5. skunkrawk

skunkrawk

Apr 25, 2003
    DC
    (another one of the front to try and show the wood grain better)

6. skunkrawk

skunkrawk

Apr 25, 2003
    DC
    low action

7. skunkrawk

skunkrawk

Apr 25, 2003
    DC
    i gave the bass to a music store to get setup when i first got it and they put strap locks on and stripped the wood, so i installed the strap button above where they messed up :bawl: this pic shows the damage...

8. skunkrawk

skunkrawk

Apr 25, 2003
    DC
    this pic shows 2 small finish cracks on the neck, they dont affect playability and can easily be refinished

9. skunkrawk

skunkrawk

Apr 25, 2003
    DC
    almost done...

10. skunkrawk

skunkrawk

Apr 25, 2003
    DC
    last one

11. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    What is the weight? I may be interested.

12. skunkrawk

skunkrawk

Apr 25, 2003
    DC
    im not sure of the exact weight, i think its about 7 pounds
    -dave

13. skunkrawk

skunkrawk

Apr 25, 2003
    DC
    still available, its going to go to ebay in about a week if i cant sell it though

14. skunkrawk

skunkrawk

Apr 25, 2003
    DC
    bump

15. skunkrawk

skunkrawk

Apr 25, 2003
    DC
    bump... ebay if not sold very soon, what happened to the attached pics? they arent showing up on my computer... thanks -dave

16. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    When the forum software was updated, all pics were all lost. You'll have to re-post them.