Fender Hotrod P-Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mebusdriver, Aug 16, 2002.

1. WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!! Since my first experience with a Fender P-Bass I have hated them. I bought one of the newer ones when I firsted started playing and I absolutely hated it! But a couple of days ago I went to a little music shop down the street and was playing some Mexican Fender J's.
    I was complaning to my buddy about trying to find a bass that had super growl and was very bottom heavy with a full soft tone while still maintaning that wah kind of colorful highend.
    So he goes and grabs a Hotrodded P-Bass off the shelf and I immediately frowned. Then I plugged in and just about cryed over the tone. The thing weighs eight hundred pounds but has the best tone I have ever heard in my life. It was truly the best of both worlds. I was so amazed. It has to be the greatest bass I have ever played.
    I was just wanted to say to you people don't overlook these things. They are definately bad to the bone!
  2. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
  3. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    I own a Hotrodded P-bass, it's orange with the tortise shell pickguard, and use it as my main bass. I love the sounds I can get from it. Yeah, it's a beast and weighs a ton, but I've gotten used to it.

mchildree - That's a great price for that bass.
  4. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Me too Me too!

I have a MIA lefty sunburst hotrod P and the tone is awesome! Big and punchy! And all for $549 from MF!:cool: :D
  5. Gil Escalera

Gil Escalera

Jan 17, 2002
    Upland, CA
    I have a Sunset Orange HRP w/Tort guard also. The only P I have, the only P I need. ;)

I ditto what Farley said - beautiful bass mchildree and a great price too!

-- Gil
  6. xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    did they make any with a maple fretboard?
  7. Rod B.

Rod B.

Jun 11, 2002
    I have a maple board with a natural ash body.
  8. xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    very nice! thanks. I could dig one of those.
  9. Welcome to the Fender world. Hot-rodded P-Basses are great. My favorite part of it is the bridge PUP because commonly I strum my chords there.