Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Hotrod P-Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mebusdriver, Aug 16, 2002.

1. WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!! Since my first experience with a Fender P-Bass I have hated them. I bought one of the newer ones when I firsted started playing and I absolutely hated it! But a couple of days ago I went to a little music shop down the street and was playing some Mexican Fender J's.
    I was complaning to my buddy about trying to find a bass that had super growl and was very bottom heavy with a full soft tone while still maintaning that wah kind of colorful highend.
    So he goes and grabs a Hotrodded P-Bass off the shelf and I immediately frowned. Then I plugged in and just about cryed over the tone. The thing weighs eight hundred pounds but has the best tone I have ever heard in my life. It was truly the best of both worlds. I was so amazed. It has to be the greatest bass I have ever played.
    I was just wanted to say to you people don't overlook these things. They are definately bad to the bone!

2. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
  3. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    I own a Hotrodded P-bass, it's orange with the tortise shell pickguard, and use it as my main bass. I love the sounds I can get from it. Yeah, it's a beast and weighs a ton, but I've gotten used to it.

mchildree - That's a great price for that bass.

4. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Me too Me too!

I have a MIA lefty sunburst hotrod P and the tone is awesome! Big and punchy! And all for $549 from MF!:cool: :D

5. Gil Escalera

Gil Escalera

Jan 17, 2002
    Upland, CA
    I have a Sunset Orange HRP w/Tort guard also. The only P I have, the only P I need. ;)

I ditto what Farley said - beautiful bass mchildree and a great price too!

-- Gil

6. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    did they make any with a maple fretboard?

7. Rod B.

Rod B.

Jun 11, 2002
    Montana
    I have a maple board with a natural ash body.

8. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    very nice! thanks. I could dig one of those.

9. Welcome to the Fender world. Hot-rodded P-Basses are great. My favorite part of it is the bridge PUP because commonly I strum my chords there.