1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender IV Pawn Shop strings.

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Luke Sauceda, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Luke Sauceda

Luke Sauceda

Jan 9, 2017
    I recently purchased a Fender IV bass and then the C string broke when I was playing the other day, I am completely lost on what set of strings to get.

2. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    Not enough information.
    If you had one string tuned to C you aren't in standard tuning, so any advice you get could be totally inapplicable to your situation.
    What kind of music are you playing, and what tuning are you using?
    Plus, most people will just tell you what their favorite brand of strings is. What are you trying to sound like?

3. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    yeah, which C string? Fender VI or any other instruments alike come with EADGBE (E1-A1-D2-G2-B2-E3) tuning.

if you had it tuned B0-E1-A1-D2-G2-C3 as standard 6 string bass with the stock strings, they should be quite loose. It could break but least likely. If you had it tuned B1-E2-A2-D3-G3-C4, then I imagined you were pulling it too much thus very prone to break.