fender-j for ibanez...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassduder, Aug 4, 2001.

1. bassduder

Jul 30, 2001
    Canada, GF-W
    ok, wondering people...

i have a fender squier j-bass and im thinking of geting a new bass or used one and i want to trade in mine, so i wont have to pay much (ok so im cheap)...anyways my bass is good shape, not many scratches or dents, couple cracks here and there, and im thinking of eitehr getting an ibanex btb or fender p-bass...any suggestions as to what i can do

2. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    I dunno if anyone is in to buying a used Squier. Go try ebay! Anything sells there.. and just keep saving up money adn buy the bass you want!

3. Tuomas

Mar 14, 2000
    Helsinki, Finland
    HEY! I started out with a used Squier J! Paid good 50$ and I still have and I still consider it to be the greatest instrument ever built. My Ken Smith can eat it's heart out because that squier rocks.
  4. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    Squier that <B>ROCKS</B>? :eek:
  5. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    hey man... not to burst your bubble.. but your gonna be lucky if you get $30 for your squier... it may be a good sounding bass that is in great shape. but low-end basses don't have high resale value at all. Shoot some high-end basses don't have hight resale value. Anyway. just keep that bass with you. You will lose more selling it or trading it than you will by keeping it. Unless you sell it on ebay or something. you might rake in $60 or somethin... but i say keep it.. thats just me though

6. I sold my Squire Affinity P-bass for $120, so anything is possible, theres not really anything wrong with Squier instruments, I actually kind of liked my old P bass... and thats not a bad resale since I only paid I think 140 for it :D:D:D
  7. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    old japanese squiers ROCK!!!
  8. Rich Briere

Rich Briere

Jul 5, 2000
    As you move through basses a funny thing will happen. It always does. Within a couple of years after getting rid of your first bass, you begin to wish that you'd never sold it. It'll hold a certain sentimental value and you'll then spend years trying to get it (or one like it) back into your stable.

If the bass is cool to you, keep it. You'll be glad you did.

Again..IMHO, the Mexican Standard Series basses are the next logical step up.

Bass-ically Yours,