SOLD Fender Jaco Artist - HG Thor epoxy, ebony ramp, S/P switching

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by DiabolusInMusic, Jul 27, 2018.

1. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

Price:
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    This bass was my number one for the last few years but I have since moved on to a custom build. The bass I play now was built to the specs of my Jaco with a few twists so my Jaco has gone from being number one to sitting in case.

The bass has been through a few modifications over the years. First and foremost, the neck was epoxied by HG Thor. I tried to capture the two glitter dots at the last fret, indicating a factory fretless job, but they are hard to get on picture. The epoxy has been buffed to a satin finish. The bass also has an ebony ramp, radiused to the board, mounted to the body via the existing pickguard screwholes and some dowels. The neck finish has been sanded down and re-finished with Tung oil and wax to replicate the "broken-in" feel of my old FCS Jaco Relic.

The electronics have been replaced with 500k CTS linear pots for volume and a matching audio taper push/pull for tone. The switch is wired up for series/parallel switching with the bridge volume controlling the series volume. The bass was wearing Hipshot Ultralite tuners, Lindy Fralin humbuckers, and the Dunlop strap-locks but they are not included with the sale. The original parts have been put back in.

The bass has seen heavy usage while in my possession. As such, the bass is in fantastic playing condition but the bass is not in mint condition. There is a paint chip by the neck pocket, slap and pop wear, some nitro melt around the pickups and on backside, a little conductive paint overspray, and plenty of little scratches. I can provide more pictures and/or details upon request. I like the idea of a worn nitro bass, I wasn't intending on selling this bass.

The original tweed case will be included with the sale. The cables, covers, documentation, ground strap, keys, pickguard, and mute (pictured) are included. For the weight conscious, the bass comes in around 9lbs.

I am asking for $1300 USD. I'm hoping to split shipping so it would add about $50-60 for CONUS buyers. I prefer Interac transfer and bank wires but I will accept Paypal.

If there is anything I have failed to answer, please PM me with any questions.

Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

babaseen, PeterH, Brutus74 and 6 others like this.
  2. cambio2

cambio2 Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2003
    colorado
    Hi, Forgive me but what is the ebony ramp for ?

3. DiabolusInMusic

A ramp is just for better economy of motion, it prevents you from excessively digging in. It is radiused to the fingerboard so it replicates playing over the fingerboard. The ramp was made of ebony so it didn't require any kind of finish, I didn't want anything to react with the nitro.

What's With The Ramp?

123321 and cambio2 like this.
  4. DiabolusInMusic

I had an inquiry about the setup on the bass. The board is basically flat (0.010") and the string height is 2mm on the E and 1.7mm on the G.

Attached Files:

123321 likes this.
  5. sharpbass

sharpbass

Oct 4, 2011
    This is a killer bass with awesome and well done mods. I can’t believe it’s still here. If I didn’t have a Jaco with a poly board I’d be it’s new owner.

groooooove and DiabolusInMusic like this.
  6. DiabolusInMusic

Asking $1200 shipped CONUS.

7. nbsipics

nbsipics Ours' is the only Reality of Consequence Gold Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Somebody should pick this bass up! It's one of my favorites. GLWTS

DiabolusInMusic likes this.
  8. Robert Darby

Robert Darby Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2018
    Yes, I got one. Its an awesome bass and great price. I will probably never sell mine its that good.

9. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Fender & Serek addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA.
    I believe the answer to be yes based upon the above description, but is the ramp completely removable?
    Is it just small dowels placed within the existing pick guard screw holes which hold it in place?

10. DiabolusInMusic

Yes, exactly that - there are a couple dowels glued into the ramp that pressure fit into the existing pickguard screw holes.

sharpbass likes this.
  11. BASSPLAYERS4HIM

BASSPLAYERS4HIM Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Maryland
    This baby would be $600
    I would be in line in my bank getting my last funds for it...

12. DiabolusInMusic

If it was $600, I wouldn't be selling it.

nbsipics likes this.
  13. BASSPLAYERS4HIM

BASSPLAYERS4HIM Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Maryland
    Smart decision!

14. gpeacock

gpeacock 'Dere it is...Bass, bass all over d'place

Nov 18, 2005
    Arizona
    Trade? I have a Kinal MK21 % string

15. gpeacock

gpeacock 'Dere it is...Bass, bass all over d'place

Nov 18, 2005
    Arizona
    5 =%

16. DiabolusInMusic

Thanks for the offer but there are no trades I am interested in. I have too much gear as it is.

17. maxximusic

maxximusic Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Do you have a price for the bass with all your mods?
    Thanks

18. DiabolusInMusic

No, they will not be included with the sale.

19. DiabolusInMusic

Thanks to all who inquired but the bass has been sold on Reverb.

For those keeping score, the bass was sold for $1500 CDN / $1150 USD. The buyer paid for shipping.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    Robert Darby likes this.
  20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021