1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Jaco Fretless question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by birdxofxprey, Sep 8, 2008.

1. this is about the $1700 CIJ version, not the reliced US version.

is the board epoxied? MF indicates: "Fingerboard: rosewood, polyester finished," but at least one reviewer states that he had the board epoxied after he bought the bass.

how is it finished?

thanks!

2. jgoldbe

jgoldbe

Jul 9, 2008
    New York City
    not sure exactly what its finished with but i can tell you it is not epoxied.

3. Matt R.

Matt R.

Jul 18, 2007
    Huntsville AL

Check out the bold underlined text above.

4. yeah, i see it. but my experience with polyester is limited to cheap clothing.

what is a polyester finished fretboard like? anything similar to epoxy, or what?

Kmrumedy likes this.
  5. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    The bass you are talking about is a MIA model. There is a CIJ Fender Jazz fretless that looks like the MIA Jaco model.....but it is just a '62 RI model (also about half the cost.....great bass too, I have one)

6. Matt R.

Matt R.

Jul 18, 2007
    Huntsville AL
    Ha, I see:) That finish should be similar to the poly finish on the body, or like the poly finish on a maple fretboard. Good, but not as hard as epoxy.

7. thanks!!

8. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    From Fenders website
    However, i've seen a couple of these basses in the last year and neither had a coated board from memory...