1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Jag owners: Do you miss the knobs for blending?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 30hrz, Jun 2, 2007.

1. 30hrz

30hrz

May 13, 2007
    Toronto
    I was just curious if any of the people who have played the Fender Jaguar had any remarks positive or negative in regards to the bass/treble switches in comparison to the knobs for blending the sound found on most other guitars.

Cheers.

Edit: Or actually it is probably the on/off switches of the pickups I am thinking about as oppose to knobs.

2. well since the jaguar isnt a jazz i dont miss the blending option :ninja: i never considered it a jazz clone or re-hash its just a great bass.

it is a different animal altogether it just happens to use jazz pickups. yes it cn sound like a jazz but so can a stingray HH with split coils.

you get the options for solo pickups or series/parallel wired pickups. the addition of series opens up a nice option of super bottom end (almost P like). but the secret lies with the active circuit, it can give you that little bit more aggression if its needed.

it really is a versatile bass its a shame it gets lumbered with the jazz bass tag. the best advice i can give is to demo one and get the feel of its tones.

3. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    I don't, but I generally run my jazz full up... As the JagLuver above me states, it's a different animal altogether :D

-robert

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 25, 2021