1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Fender Jaguar Bass (Japan 2006) $540 shipped CONUS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Ponsonby Britt, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Ponsonby Britt

Ponsonby Britt You don't rock a Thunderbird, it rocks you. Supporting Member

Oct 8, 2013
    Michigan
    Price:
    Strings:
    This is a CIJ Jaguar Bass from approx. 2006, great condition with newly installed stock replacement bridge and shipped with a Fender TSA hardshell case. $560 shipped CONUS only, no international sales. Paypal preferred.

Series: Deluxe Body Shape: Jaguar®
    Finish: Black
    No. of Strings: 4
    Body Wood: Alder
    Neck Wood: maple, thin "C" shape
    Machine Heads: Vintage Style
    Fingerboard: Rosewood, Aged White Pearloid Block Inlays
    Fretboard Radius: 7.25" (18.41 cm)
    Frets: 20, Vintage Style Medium Jumbo
    Scale Length: 34" (86.36 cm)
    Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
    Pickups: 2 Vintage Jazz Bass® Single-Coil Pickups
    Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone,
    Preamp: Treble Control Wheel, Bass Control Wheel, On/Off Slide Switch
    Bridge: Standard 4-Saddle
    Pickup Switching: On/Off for Each Pickup, 1 Series/Parallel
    Hardware: Chrome

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  2. Edison Lo

Edison Lo

Feb 19, 2015
    Where did you get that tortoise shell pickguard? I have a black Jag and I've been meaning to put a tortoise shell pickguard on it. Thanks and GLWTS

3. Ponsonby Britt

Oct 8, 2013
    Michigan
    It came with the bass when I purchased it, I gather it's the original.

4. rigorous bass

rigorous bass

Mar 12, 2012
    Do you know the weight by chance?

5. Ponsonby Britt

Oct 8, 2013
    Michigan
    Bathroom scale method says between 8.5 and 8.75.

6. Ponsonby Britt

Oct 8, 2013
    Michigan
    Sale pending with a fellow TBer.

7. Ponsonby Britt

Oct 8, 2013
    Michigan
    Still available.

8. I bought mine new with a mint (white) pick guard. Haven't seen tort except for the one they sold in white - so either the pickguard was swapped at the factory, or someone switched them. Either way, its super cool and much more unique with the tort guard!

These are great basses - the only issue people have had was with some noise, and that is easily solved by shielding the pickup cavity (and grounding it to controls - very easy to do with simple copper tape). (If yours isnt noisy, someone likely already did this.)

Don't understand why this hasn't sold - great bass at a great price. I was going to sell mine a while back but decided to keep it bc its so killer.

Passive jazz pickups that you can combine in parallel or series, plus an active circuit you can turn on for a boost of bass or treble. Used to love that feature at gigs - when volume levels would creep up mid gig, I could flip a switch without touching my amp.

Good luck with sale - someone's going to get a great bass!

StreetScenes and Ponsonby Britt like this.