1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

fender jaguar bass VI need single string help

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by rawrOOO, Mar 11, 2008.

1. rawrOOO

rawrOOO

Jul 12, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    hey all....i play a jaguar baritone custom. tuned E-E like a bass VI. the only strings i know of that fit thru the bridge and into the tuning posts are the fender ones made specifically for this instrument. the strings are the fender model # 072-5350-001 i believe. regular bass VI strings dont fit on this guitar.

anyway, i think ive got a burr or something in the D saddle cuz that string has broken twice lately. the full sets are like $30-35, i totally dont want to pay all that just to get the dang D string (55 gauge with a smaller wrap by the ball end to fit thru the bridge). and of course no one sells singles of the string, even fender didnt have any singles, or so they claimed with me on the phone just now.

i dont rly know what to do, does anyone know a place that has these strings as singles? or something else that is suitable? ive already got replacements for the others since i had to buy a set to replace the last broken D string. i called just strings.com and they werent very helpful at all, although they do sell the sets but not the singles.

thanks in advance for any help!

2. Fix the saddle. Then, well, you have no real choice but to replace the set. La Bella makes Bass VI strings, but they're a lot more expensive.