Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Jaguar/Jazzmaster Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Pearl_jammin, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Hi.
    I'm a Pearl Jam fan (hence the name, :) ) and I was wondering what a certain bass Jeff Ament plays. On a certain fan site it says it is a Fender Jaguar/Jazzmaster bass. I've never seen one of these before.

Unfortunatly I don't have a pic of the headstock.

Don't be put off by the pickups, he has all of his basses customised with Bartolini.

Thanks for any help.

Attached Files:

2. chekerbored

chekerbored

Nov 18, 2004
    STL
    That my friend looks like a Danelectro Wasp, but dont quote me on it. I look at ebay all the time for cool looking basses, and i stumbled across one. Personally they are awesome. i think i saw this one about 2 months ago, and havent seen one since, so the memory might have the name wrong. I zoomed in on the headstock and it looks like it might say silvertone or something, or i might have made that up. look for yourself and see what yoy think.

Check this page out for the vintage danelectros

3. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    Ireland
    I have always been thinking of buildin a natural one with a black pickguard and a jazz neck..... i have never seen one but i can picture it in my head.... and god i want one!!!