1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Jaguar/Jazzmaster Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Pearl_jammin, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Hi.
    I'm a Pearl Jam fan (hence the name, :) ) and I was wondering what a certain bass Jeff Ament plays. On a certain fan site it says it is a Fender Jaguar/Jazzmaster bass. I've never seen one of these before.

Unfortunatly I don't have a pic of the headstock.

Don't be put off by the pickups, he has all of his basses customised with Bartolini.

Thanks for any help.

Attached Files:

2. Motoboy

Motoboy

Nov 21, 2004
    Greer, SC
  3. chekerbored

chekerbored

Nov 18, 2004
    STL
    That my friend looks like a Danelectro Wasp, but dont quote me on it. I look at ebay all the time for cool looking basses, and i stumbled across one. Personally they are awesome. i think i saw this one about 2 months ago, and havent seen one since, so the memory might have the name wrong. I zoomed in on the headstock and it looks like it might say silvertone or something, or i might have made that up. look for yourself and see what yoy think.

Check this page out for the vintage danelectros

4. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    Ireland
    I have always been thinking of buildin a natural one with a black pickguard and a jazz neck..... i have never seen one but i can picture it in my head.... and god i want one!!!