1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Jaguar new Bridge :) and pickup cover

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by serein2j, Apr 6, 2009.

1. serein2j

serein2j

May 25, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I recently put a Gotoh 201B bridge and Jazz Pickup cover for my Fender Jaguar.

Bridge was direct fit no modification needed. String spacing was a bit off but after I set it up myself matching the radius of the neck, spacing was right on the money for the sweet spots for the pickups.

As people have complained about the Gotoh Bridge on Jaguar, it doesn't get as low action than the original vintage bridge but it definitely changed the tone.

It gave better sustain and clarity. A little bit more modernish sound Fender Jazz :)

for the pickup cover I just added it for the looks and finger rest.

oh also for the kind of Vintage + modern look :)

My next mod would be the pickups. But I like the sound as is right now so probably gonna keep it but you will never know ;)

download?fid=64221d856883d7035abb207eab429941&name=P1020069.
    download?fid=64221d856883d7030dcd207eab43c441&name=P1020070.
    download?fid=64221d856883d7031678207eab441f41&name=P1020071.

2. southernrocker

southernrocker Banned

Apr 4, 2009
    Awesome, thats the best looking Jag I've ever seen.
    I'm with you on the pickup cover, and I love slappin with 'em.
    Sweet bass!

3. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    looks great!!! I just got one of those 201's. I like them more than badass 2's.

4. serein2j

serein2j

May 25, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Thanks!! I think I had some "Marcus" in my mind when I was putting the cover on

Thanks. I was a little cautious about getting the Gotoh bridge but man I think they actually look better and sound better than the Baddasses

5. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    Dumb question , well maybe

What kinda strings are those? I dont know jack about strings , i just play whatever is cheap.........but those look awesome and i want a set!

6. serein2j

serein2j

May 25, 2008
    Austin, TX
  7. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    ordering a set right now!
    I gotta try them at least once, thanks ;)

8. serein2j

serein2j

May 25, 2008
    Austin, TX
    You won't regret it :) Good luck!

9. On your bridge setup - you can adjust the string height for each saddle to match the radius of the neck without having the outer saddles sloped to the sides like that. The slope isn't helping you at all, and could lead to potential loss of sustain/transfer due to unequal pressure loading on the saddle height screws. Plus you have a greater chance of either the string slipping off the saddle, or the higher side screw getting loose and starting to rattle/buzz with the string vibration.

I like the look of the pickup cover - more chrome on those things looks killer. I've seen some Jags done with bridge covers too, and they look great. (they just get in the way for me, but love the looks)