1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Jaguar Pick Ups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Churchmouth, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Churchmouth

Churchmouth

Jan 5, 2012
    I am pretty new to the bass world, only been playing for a little over a year and when I first started playing I purchased a fender jaguar. I love this bass with all my heart. It is everything I could want and more, but lately I have had a few things I feel the need to change but I need some opinions.

Im just positing my first question right now because I don't have a lot of time:

Although I like the pick ups that came stock in my jag I can't help but feel like there is something better out there. I usually try to go for a more vintage 70s sound. But I also like to be versatile on account of I play with many different bands.

So if you guys could post links to pickups that would be worth a shot that would be very highly appreciated.

-C

2. Wade10987

Wade10987

Sep 27, 2011
    Tallahassee, FL
    Is yours the original ('06-'09) Fender Jaguar bass with all eight knobs and switches or the Modern Player one that has simpler setups?

3. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Banned Commercial User

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    I guess its not everything. :)

What do you call a 70s Jazz bass sound? Can you name a few songs? I only mention this since most of the recordings in the 70s were done with P basses. Because more people use Jazz basses these days, a lot of young players think that's what they are hearing on the recordings.

4. Churchmouth

Churchmouth

Jan 5, 2012
    It's an 09 so it had all the bells and whistles.

Well if I had all the money in the world I would buy a 1970 fretless P bass. If I'm not mistaken that's what John Paul Jones used when they recorded Bron-y-aur stomp.