1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Jaguar Wiring Schematic?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by BruceBass3901, Feb 16, 2011.

1. BruceBass3901

BruceBass3901

Oct 17, 2009
    Wickham, UK
    Hello there guys :)

I'm currently part way into building a Fender Jaguar copy and can't seem to find any wiring diagrams or schematics. Can anybody lend a hepling hand here? It would be very much appreciated :)

Thank you :)

2. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    jaguar_wiring.

3. sweet thanks...printed a copy and keeping in my case!!

4. also, my series/parallel switch is now wired backwards and it has more electronics "noise" than ever haha. I am prolly gonna have to take it somewhere else.

5. RonnyRobinson

RonnyRobinson

Jun 10, 2013
    My Fender Jag bass has begun creating a lot of noise when im not touching the strings, so i thought id have a nose under the input plate. While doing this, a wire has come off and i cant tell where from! Ive seen the wiring diagram posted above but it looks different to what i have here! Urgent help required!

6. Blue9

Blue9

Jul 22, 2012
    Portland, OR
    Can anyone tell me the pot values for #11 and #12?

My master tone only modifies the tone by a small amount. I'm going to check the cap, but since pots are cheap I was thinking of replacing the pot/cap entirely.

The active tone rollers (#12) don't do anything at all. I've triple-checked the wiring and everything is correct. Again, figured I'd replace the pots and see what happens.

Lastly, if I were to wire in an onboard fuzz effect would this work:

Replace Volume with stacked Tone/Volume.
    Replace Tone with Push/Pull.
    Output from light green (#24) into fuzz, then out of fuzz into newly installed Push/Pull, then out of P/P into jack?

Another idea was that if I can't get the active tone rollers to work, to wire the fuzz to one of those rollers. But I don't even have a guess as to how the wiring would work. I'm assuming if I disconnected the wires from those pots that go to the pre-amp that it would kill the active side of the bass. Can I bypass the rollers by just connecting the purple/grey wires and the dark green/orange wires?

7. SakuBass

SakuBass Lvl 6 Pixelpusher Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Turenki, Finland
    Previous owner has replaced the original PU:s with Bartolinis which have a nice sound in passive, but the active side is botched. Any experiences if this is something that regularily happens because of x when ppl change pickups to Jaguar Deluxe Bass?