1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Jaguar

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by imChinOaChicken, Jan 6, 2007.

1. whats your guy's input on this bass?

from what ive read its pretty positive. i just started to notice it since i am looking for a new bass that has good tonal varieties and has a small body. their made in japan [right?] so quality must be good. im thinking of getting a black one.

hows the body compare in size to say a standard fender jazz and an ibanex sr bass?

thanks

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    If you do a search, the only complaint people have had about them is the small neck. So I swapped the neck on mine for a P-bass neck. Otherwise it's a great instrument.

The body is smaller than a Jazz and a hair bigger than an SR.

3. are any fender bass neck interchangeable on the jaguar?

is this bass a short-scale? i thought it was but the site says its 34"

thanks

4. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    Not without some modifications. Personally I love the width of the neck of the Jaguar.

The Jaguar is a long scale standard 34" bass.

TD

PS - As mentioned above, do a search for the Official Jaguar Bass thread. Lots of infromation in it.

5. thanks. i actually read just read through most of the thread and i seem to want the bass even more but..

how does the size of it compare to a schecter stilleto custom? ive never seen the jaguar in person but i have seen the schecter and i do like the size of its body.

i just really want a bass with as small a body as possible right now :help:

thanks
    imChinOaChickeN

6. Rickenbrother

Rickenbrother

Jan 6, 2007
    USA
    If the Jaguar basses had a P-bass neck instead of the J bass profile neck, I might want one of them. I don't like the taper of the J bass neck.

7. Small body eh? Well...the Mustang has a small body, maybe you should try that? Or (dare I say it) the squire Bronco...or the Musicmaster...or the short scale bullet... - OK, THEY'RE SHORT SCALE, but the bodies are small too...and mustangs can KICK ASS if you get the right one :cool:

8. i actually would want to go for a mustang if it was available in black and maybe had some jazz pu's. ive never played a short scale before but im willing to try one out. are there any particular jazz shortscales available in black that you recomend?

haha im actually digging this http://cgi.ebay.com/78-FENDER-MUSTANG-BASS_W0QQitemZ330071825275QQihZ014QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem. but i would like to try the bass before i could buy it.

so does anyone know how the mustang body compares in size to a shecter stilleto custom? what about the fender mustang?

later

9. I've played with a Jag Bass at my local store and the body size is almost the same as a standard Jazz Bass minus the lower horn. According to the specs on Fender's site the neck width at the nut is identical to the Jazz Bass as well.

With all the switches, plus the ability to switch between active and passive modes, it is a really cool sounding bass. I tried it out and could not believe how many different tones I could get on it. I was very seriously tempted to buy it (was I not already at my maximum allowable instruments I would have). My guitarist in my band saw it when we were in there and he was trying to convince me to trade in my Am Deluxe Jazz for the Jag!

It is a very impressive bass!

10. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I've got the only P-bass necked Jaguar I've ever seen, but I did that myself. It's certainly an interesting instrument to play.

I disagree. Mine was a straight swap.