1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Japan Aerodyne Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ItsMichaelYeah, Sep 12, 2008.

1. ItsMichaelYeah

ItsMichaelYeah

Jun 4, 2008
    Miami,FL
  2. pedroims

pedroims

Dec 19, 2007
    Michigan
    They look beatiful, weight is damn light, confortable jazz neck, nice P sound with the P pickup and J PU sounds like bridge position Jazz.

3. ItsMichaelYeah

ItsMichaelYeah

Jun 4, 2008
    Miami,FL
    I have a Fender P-bass Special With the same PU config. Will it sound thinner since its lighter?

4. i_g55

i_g55

May 26, 2005
    istanbul
    It'd sound slightly different because of the different body wood (alder or ash on P vs basswood on Aerodyne).

5. gibsonbassist45

gibsonbassist45

Jul 13, 2008
    I LOVE THOSE ONES!!! i think they look so much better than the aerodynes we have here with no pickguard or anything. if i was you id buy one dude!:D

i hope one day they start selling those ones here though:meh:

6. ItsMichaelYeah

ItsMichaelYeah

Jun 4, 2008
    Miami,FL
    Yeah I'm Going to get it in Olympic White as soon as I get paid next week. and Ive seen a few right handed ones on ebay.

7. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Damn' the Candy Apple Red one is hawt!

8. team180b

team180b

May 15, 2008
    Sydney
    I've got a whitey Jazz, such an awesome bass. Sounds huge!

9. doktorfeelgood

doktorfeelgood layin' it down like pavement Supporting Member

I bought one when they first came out and did about 200 gigs with it. Once I felt it was broke-in, it really sounded amazing.
    It was incredibley fat and had a great upper register responce.
    It was very light and easy on my shoulder and the neck was very fast and playable. The only thing I had to do was change out the tuners for HipShot Ultra-Lights to help eliminate the neck dive becaue the body was so light. They are not all as light as mine. And those tuners almost eliminated it. I'm actually getting ready to pack it up and ship to my best freind in Albuquerque whom has bought it. I haven't played the bass in the last year as I wanted to go back to a more "vintage" sound and look. But if I had no other bass to play, I would be happy with it forever. I would say to you that you shouldn't be disappointed with it. But remember, YMMV. )-(

10. countshockula

countshockula

Feb 22, 2008
    I love mine. No neck dive on this one.

11. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I've gotten a 2003 Aerodyne Jazz. It collects dust and, for me, had feedback issues when played at loud volumes, particularly with a tube or horn setup. During a gig, the strap button slipped and the body cracked open slightly by the binding.

Not the greatest bass in my opinion, but its not a bad one. Mine might be just a lemon.