1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Japan Boxer Precision Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by frootbooty, Mar 24, 2013.

1. frootbooty

frootbooty Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Las Vegas
    I just bought the same bass in black off TB so I'm letting my silverish one go. This was the Boxer series in Japan. I believe the model is pb-551. It's silverish-green in color and all original. The good: it's very light (8 lbs on my scale), plays great, truss works, sounds like a Pbass. The bad: Pretty much just cosmetics. It is missing the "f" caps on the knobs, one of the split shafts on the pots was half gone when I got it. It was wrapped in tape so the push-on knob would stay on. I filled the missing spot with something like mighty putty so now the top of the shaft is intact. The thing has obviously been played. It has a lot of nicks and dents all over. I have tried to photograph everything. The frets could use a little cleaning but they are not otherwise worn or uneven.
    $285 plus actual shipping which should be $30 or less, CONUS gets a pretty sweet pbass. Comes with a beat up fender chainsaw shaped case.
    ImageUploadedByTalkBass1364146144.867175. ImageUploadedByTalkBass1364146160.127491.

2. frootbooty

Jan 8, 2008
    Las Vegas
  3. frootbooty

Jan 8, 2008
    Las Vegas
  4. frootbooty

Jan 8, 2008
    Las Vegas
  5. frootbooty

Jan 8, 2008
    Las Vegas
  6. frootbooty

Jan 8, 2008
    Las Vegas
    Still available as of 4/17

7. frootbooty

Jan 8, 2008
    Las Vegas
    Still here on 4/20 day

8. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeastern PA
    Great basses, and this price is just fantastic. And I must add that FB here is a terrific guy to deal with! Bump for all the right reasons!

9. I would also like to vouch for how awesome this particular bass is. :D