For Trade Fender Japan Exclusive FSR Classic 70's Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by FronTowardEnemy, Aug 5, 2022.

1. FronTowardEnemy

FronTowardEnemy It is better to go unnoticed, than to suck Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Chicago Illinois
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    I've played Jazz Basses for 10 years before making the switch to precisions about 5 years ago. I can't really handle the 1.5" nut width anymore and I am seeking to trade this jazz bass for a precision bass.

This is a 2013 model in Light Amber Sunburst (LAS) that I bought directly from Tokyo Japan, I replaced the bridge with a BAII, and the pickups with Fender Pure American Vitage 74's. I also added a Hipshot detuner as well. I don't have the original parts. This model has the true 70's spacing.

It is set up with low action and everything works and can be adjusted as designed; the bass is in excellent condition.

As for trades? I am looking for a similar condition Fender P or P/J bass, MIJ or MIA, with maple fretboard. I would love a nitro finish as my other 2 P's are nitro and I have grown to love their feel. I know, picky. Would like to keep it local to Chicago for now and see what is out there.
    Herse some pics and sound clips. Thanks!
    IMG_0057.jpg
    IMG_0058.jpg
    IMG_0059.jpg

2. timmus

timmus JS Bach is really the ultimate bass player Supporting Member

Beautiful guitar...Love the burst colors :drool:. BTW, I love your tagline :D

kentiki and FronTowardEnemy like this.
  3. FronTowardEnemy

FronTowardEnemy It is better to go unnoticed, than to suck Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Chicago Illinois
    Oh yeah. Important note.
    Weight is at 9.6lbs on my bathroom scale.

4. HubbardsFate

HubbardsFate

Oct 18, 2006
    Cripes...I'm far from a Fender fanboy - nothing against 'em, I'm just not sold on the concept that they are the be-all, end-all of basses - but now and then, one comes along (like this one), that makes me go "WHOA..." :cool: :woot: :bassist: :drool:

FronTowardEnemy and timmus like this.