fender japan in europe ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by contrabassie, Apr 3, 2004.

1. contrabassie

Mar 11, 2003
    I'm looking for a fender japan precision reissue, but can't find it in the stores over here (in Belgium).
    Someone told me they don't import fender precision (except the precision lyte) in europe. Is that true?
    I know I can try to by it on the internet, but I want to buy my bass in a store, so I can try and hear it in advance.
  2. contrabassie

Mar 11, 2003
    Of course I mean: they don't import fender precision japan in Europe.
  3. I have inquired about the possible import of a MIJ Fender like a year ago. Two shops told me they couldn't do it, one said they would talk to Fender Europe but they never got back to me.
    You can, however get Japanese stores to ship the bass to you. For example: Ishisbashi webshop (http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/webshop/world/guitar/fender-j/fender-3.htm this link will take you directly to their basses)

I don't know what kind of tax-hassle you'll encounter though.
  4. contrabassie

Mar 11, 2003
    thanks for the information
    Does fender also make MIM reissue precisions, and are they beter than the standard MIM precisions? And how can you compare them with MIA and MIJ? I like the american reissues, but they are so expensive in Europe :( , so I'm looking for a good alternative.
  5. The MIM basses are not reissue models, they are simply a cheaper/less expensive version of the Standard MIA basses.

MIA are ranked by most, as the better quality.
    MIJ are ranked by most, as the next best in quality.
    MIM are ranked by most, as the lesser of the three options.

I have found some quite excellent MIA's, MIJ's and MIM's. You have to look hard for a good instrument, in any catagory.

I do feel the hardware/pickups/guts on the MIM's can be
    upgraded to make the bass feel and sound better.

I will express that my personal opinion is completely subjective and may not reflect how the majority of people on this forum feel.

You can learn a lot about Fender HERE....Reissue and Original Fender Comparison