1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Japan Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CadaverStiff, Jul 19, 2007.

1. CadaverStiff

CadaverStiff

Jul 19, 2007
    Hello everybody,

Neophyte bassist here. I was wondering where I could look at a selection of Fender CIJ and MIJ jazz basses. I remember one poster claimed best buy was now selling CIJ basses, but seeing as how even my local guitar center doesn't have any, I don't think this is the case for the best buy in my region. I can't seem to find any deals online. The one website i visited craftedinjapan.co.uk sold those bassist for 300-500 dollars more than their retail value in Japan. Could anyone help me find somewhere/thing/one to buy these basses, particularly the vintage models?

:I've always had a thing for the 1965 Fender Jazz bass, seeing as how it appears on many of my favorite records. I think Fender Japan made a reissue of this (JB65B-95US ). Anyway thanks for you time guys!

2. CadaverStiff

CadaverStiff

Jul 19, 2007
    thanks for the help guys, but those sites are in japanese. Are there any english sites, since I'd feel a bit more comfortable giving my credit card if I could properly read the ordering instructions?

3. Mofo-Kang

Mofo-Kang

Aug 26, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    The Fender Geddy Lee jazz bass model is CIJ. It's a pretty nice bass, too. The one downside is that they're kind of like the original Model T Fords--you can get them in any color you like, as long as it's black.

4. just translate it to english... i think there's a button somewhere... just scroll down...

i've been dealing with ishibashi for quite some time (so does a couple of my mates)... no problem whatsoever... the best customer service (communication, packaging, shipping) in my opinion...

cheerz

5. Aussie Mark

Aussie Mark I come from a land down under

Oct 26, 2002
    Sydney, Oz
    Endorsing Artist: Fender; O'Neill Amps; Cave Passive Pedals
    I've bought several basses (new and used) from Ishibashi, and it's just a matter of sending them an email. They will respond in a day or so with payment instructions, and in less than a week you'll have your bass.

6. If you go to http://www.ishibashi-music.com, there's a link near the bottom that says "Go to the translated pages". It's not perfect, but it's enough to get you in the ballpark. Then, as others have said, just email them with the model & color you're interested in. They're easy to work with if you don't mind about a day turnaround to your emails.

7. paulorr

paulorr

Apr 5, 2007
    Is there a conversion link to convert yen to US dollars/

8. Jepus

Jepus

Apr 1, 2004
    Edinburgh
  9. afinalfantasy

afinalfantasy Banned

Jan 11, 2006
  10. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

11. CadaverStiff

CadaverStiff

Jul 19, 2007
    Awesome. Do you guys know though if any chain stores like guitar center sell used CIJ Fender Jazz basses? It never hurts to try them out before you buy them.