Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender-Japan Link ! Help

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Microbass, Jan 9, 2003.

1. DOH! Ive lost the link so that site that gives you the specs for MIJ basses, anyone got it? I've been searching for a while, and nothing, and no, it's NOT the fender-japan site that is listed on the fender site.

Thanks all. :cool:

2. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Here's a link to Ishibashi Music. I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but there is a link to Fender Japan on the page...

http://www.ishibashi-music.com/

3. that's it, yes, thank you ! :D

:cool:

4. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
  5. Thanks jay, again !

I'm thinking of copying you, by getting that 70's RI MIJ P-bass... *mmmmmmm*

6. JayAmel

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Oh, BTW, which model do you plan to purchase ?

I have the PB70-70US and it's a genuine killer.

You'll just have to make a small adjustment to have lower action, but as you probably know that's a kid's game with a P.

EDIT : oh, you replied in the meanwhile... ;)

7. Exactly the same as you, jay, except once I have gotten some of my money built back up, I'm gunna buy a purple tortoise scratchplate - mmm :)

thanks again !

:cool:

8. I'd actually like an artic(translucent) white finish, but I think you can only get those on MIA's. I'll look into that when I'm ready to order... :)

9. JayAmel

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    On my personal taste, I love it as is :

[​IMG]

10. definatly agree'd, but I have a thing for the purple scratchplates. *drroools*

ARGH - frggin' GAS ! I hate you all !!!11111111 :(

:cool: :D

11. JayAmel

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    The finish of that MIJ P is olympic white. It is a solid white. What is cool is that it will probably turn a bit creamy while time passes.

12. JayAmel

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    To each his own, I prefer black pickguards.

Two of my basses have black pickguards (SR5 and P).
    The other two ones have no pickguard (Marathon and Status).

Though, I'm sure this 70 RI will look great with a purple pickguard. And the most important is that it looks fine to YOU.

13. oh yes - i like that 'vintage' color basses get - that's why I'm gunna start leaving my bass at the window... :D

(hmm. maybe I could do that, someone steals my current bass - new bass for free)

*click click click* < cogs turning in brain...

MUWHAHAHAHAHA!!!

:rolleyes: :D

14. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    Regarding that color fading/yellowing, it happens mostly on the basses that have the nitrocellulose lacquer finish.
    Only the very old MIA Fenders and the MIA Vintage Reissues have the Nitro finish, all others use a Poly finish including the MIJ's.

I'm not sure to what extent the Poly finish will fade/yellow (if at all), but I know that it won't be near as prominently as with the Nitrocellulose lacquer.

Also (fwiw), some people believe that the breakdown and checking of the Nitro finish (with age) is what allows the wood to resonate and "breathe" better, thus producing a better tone.
    On the other hand, the Poly finish is more duarable and holds up better.
    Besides, if it sounds good right from the "get-go" (which my new MIJ did), then who cares..

15. Set that mutha' on fire, nice creamy-brown colour, we're good to go!!!

:eek: :rolleyes: :D