1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Japan

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wickedbass, May 3, 2003.

1. wickedbass

wickedbass

Apr 30, 2003
    Nashville,TN
    I was wondering if anyone here has played the Fender Japan medium scale Jazz bass? I came across this on another message board, and sincve then have lusted over it. I just wonder if it will be worth the trouble of getting a guitar,sight unseen, from japan.Does anyone know if these are made in japan, or indonesia?
    -ty

p.s you can check it out, along with other fender japan stuff here: http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/webshop/world/guitar/fender-j/fender-3.htm

2. geezer316

geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    NEW HAVEN ,CT
    today i was at my local music store and came across a a p-bass from japan and it was a tad bit smaller than regular(?)neck,body,h/stock eveything.so i asked the banana head behind the counter what gives? and he said its a medium scale fender,their from japan and its just a bit smaller than usual, i played it and it was great,it was like a p-bass for girls(no offense to my basser sisters;)) or little hands,and as far as the quality is concerned it was every bit of well made as any fender japan is expected to be. i am a fan of fender japan and always choose them over any other fender(IE:mex,us,china korea and indonesia)its my personal prference and its not ment to ruffle ANY feathers:D

3. wickedbass

wickedbass

Apr 30, 2003
    Nashville,TN
    That is kinda funny, you don't know if they have a website do you?I'd prefer the jazz, but being as I fall into the small hands category, I can't be picky.
    And Ct is a lot closer than japan.I really like that Medeium scale jazz, but the thought of a medium scale p is just as inticing, when you take into account having to calculate dollat to yen and pay like $150.00 buck to have it shipped halfway around the world.
    -ty

4. geezer316

geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    NEW HAVEN ,CT
    yes its daddys.com(daddy's junky music is the stores full name)if thats not it, i have a sale paper up stairs in my room somewhere(?)you can buy there stuff on-line, but i will tell you this though the bass i was telling you about is mechanically sound it is a little haggard,it looks like its been giggied everyday since it was born,sounds great though, email me if i can be of any help:bassist: