Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Japan

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wickedbass, May 3, 2003.

1. wickedbass

wickedbass

Apr 30, 2003
    Nashville,TN
    I was wondering if anyone here has played the Fender Japan medium scale Jazz bass? I came across this on another message board, and sincve then have lusted over it. I just wonder if it will be worth the trouble of getting a guitar,sight unseen, from japan.Does anyone know if these are made in japan, or indonesia?
    -ty

p.s you can check it out, along with other fender japan stuff here: http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/webshop/world/guitar/fender-j/fender-3.htm

2. geezer316

geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    NEW HAVEN ,CT
    today i was at my local music store and came across a a p-bass from japan and it was a tad bit smaller than regular(?)neck,body,h/stock eveything.so i asked the banana head behind the counter what gives? and he said its a medium scale fender,their from japan and its just a bit smaller than usual, i played it and it was great,it was like a p-bass for girls(no offense to my basser sisters;)) or little hands,and as far as the quality is concerned it was every bit of well made as any fender japan is expected to be. i am a fan of fender japan and always choose them over any other fender(IE:mex,us,china korea and indonesia)its my personal prference and its not ment to ruffle ANY feathers:D

3. wickedbass

wickedbass

Apr 30, 2003
    Nashville,TN
    That is kinda funny, you don't know if they have a website do you?I'd prefer the jazz, but being as I fall into the small hands category, I can't be picky.
    And Ct is a lot closer than japan.I really like that Medeium scale jazz, but the thought of a medium scale p is just as inticing, when you take into account having to calculate dollat to yen and pay like $150.00 buck to have it shipped halfway around the world.
    -ty

4. geezer316

geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    NEW HAVEN ,CT
    yes its daddys.com(daddy's junky music is the stores full name)if thats not it, i have a sale paper up stairs in my room somewhere(?)you can buy there stuff on-line, but i will tell you this though the bass i was telling you about is mechanically sound it is a little haggard,it looks like its been giggied everyday since it was born,sounds great though, email me if i can be of any help:bassist: