Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fender japanese serial number please help

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by j-bass-kreep, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Hello I just bougth this bass from E-bay the seller claims it is japanese however the serial number seems quite odd. H021669
    what year do you guys think it is ? I havent found anything in fender's page. thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. thanks , I missed seeing it ( i need new glasses ) , what Is the quality of these basses ? Is it true that 80's CIJ Basses are more reliable than 80's MIAs ?

3. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    80's Japanese fenders are MIJ not CIJ.

The early 80's are the most prized, but yours is good too. Up through the mid 90's the Fender Japan stuff is worth having.

4. whats the deal with the metal thing thats coming out of the bridge ? between the pickup and the bridge .

5. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Ground strip, earliest jazz basses had this also. My MIJ fretless jazz has this ground strip.

6. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY

I have the same MIJ fretless Jazz. I find the Chrome Bridge cover hides the grounding strip well.

7. Sprudellio

Sprudellio

Oct 16, 2002
    Germany
    My Fotoflame MIJ had that too. It bugged me so I had my luthier ground the bridge internally for 30€.