1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Japnese RI bridge exchange?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by *Munkeh*, Apr 21, 2006.

1. *Munkeh*

*Munkeh*

Apr 16, 2005
    London, UK
    Hi all,

I am almost set on getting this Fender 60's RI CIJ bass... When i do get the bass, first thing i want to do is get rid of the existing bridge and replace it with a Hipshot direct replacement vintage bridge.

I have a question about the grounding problem in the bridge... Do i need to do anything with the grounding problem such as the golden stripe during the replacement of the bridge?

Thanks all!

Attached Files:

2. demolition

demolition Guest

Jul 5, 2003
    Conn.
    Take the old bridge off and make sure when you put the new one on the original ground wire is under the new bridge when you set it in place to bolt it down,
    You mite be thinking about when you change to vintage style pick-ups you need to use the copper ground that goes from the pick-ups to the bridge thats not the case here UNLESS its like that now(if it has the copper wire put it back where it came off of,that simple)so if its under the old bridge put it back under the new one.
    goodluck:bassist:

3. *Munkeh*

*Munkeh*

Apr 16, 2005
    London, UK
    Excellent, thanks for the reply demolition!

What about changing the pickups? I may at some point want to change the stock pickups to some basslines or dimarzio's, i won't need to worry about the grounding here will i?

Does a 60's P-bass have a grounding wire too?

Thanks.