1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Jazz 24 Preamp

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by joebingo, Apr 10, 2009.

1. joebingo

joebingo

Aug 23, 2006
    London, UK
    Hey guys,

The pre in my jazz 24 has given up the ghost (it's the original style one, without the active/passive switching) Looking for something to replace it with, that stays relatively close to the tone of the original.

Had someone do a hack job of rewiring it (had a gig the evening of it breaking and didn't have time to get a different bass), and now can't use both pickups at once, and of course, it's passive.

I'm looking for something which is very close to what it was, in terms of how the pots are wired, not looking to spend too much, I guess my budget is c. £100.

Cheers for the help.

2. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    i've replaced several of those things (put the battery in backwards and they promptly blow up) with the EMG bts control, which is a simple, compact and transparent preamp. definitely an improvement.

i use the now-unneeded mini toggle as an active/passive switch, which is not really necessary, but the quarter pounders sound good passive as well so it's a nice option to have.