1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Jazz 24

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jimmyb, Apr 18, 2006.

1. jimmyb

jimmyb An Avid Indoorsman Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2003
    Elkton, MD
    Can anyone help me with the knob layout of the new fender jazz 24 made in japan?
    Thanx

2. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    The Fender Jazz 24 is Korea...and this is right from the Fender web site:

Master Volume, Pan Pot, Duncan Designed BEQ3 3-Band Active EQ with:
    Treble Boost/Cut: +/- 15dB @ 5.1kHz,
    Mid Boost/Cut: +/- 14dB, -15dB @ 650Hz,
    Bass Boost/Cut: +/- 12dB @ 30 Hz,
    Mid-Scoop “Slap” Switch: Bass Boost +5dB @ 83Hz, Mid Cut -5dB @ 633Hz

You should be able to figure out which one is which by turning each one while you play.

3. If it's like the american made one, the stacked knob will be treble on top, bass on bottom. the small single knob will be mids, and one large single knob will have a detent. This is the pickup sweep. The other large knob is the volume.

4. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I played one of these today and was pretty impressed with it. Nice basses

5. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    I just bought one and they are sweet. Very "growly" like a little modern spin on the classic Jazz bass sound.

The first one I got blew the pre-amp out the first time I played it at rehearsal. I took it back and GC re-ordered me a new one. I have had no problems with this one. I have heard through different sources that Fender had some trouble with the electronics on the first batch but they are supposed to have them fixed with an updated pre-amo. The electronics are Seymore Duncun units.

The cherry burst looks more orange/amber burst than red on this one. Very Schecter like color scheme it looks good though. The first one I had had a much more red tint on the edge. I'm very happy with it though.

Set up was bad right out of the box. Mine was a special order so I actuall did get mine right out of the box. Fret work was a little rough on the 8,9, 11, 12, 14, and 15th frets under the G-string. I took it to Redlands Guitar, had them do a set up, install EB Hybrid Slinkys, and clean up the frets for me and now it's perfect.