Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Jazz (4-string)

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by supermetroid, Apr 8, 2003.

1. Which strings would you recommend for a recent passive 4-string Fender Jazz? I'm open to using either rounds or flats. I prefer a warmer, deeper sound that is defined and powerful. I don't like to change my strings often, so if they're long-lasting it's a plus.

2. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Thomastik-Infeld Jazz Flats.

3. Try Fender superbass strings, they are the strings they use on fretted basses when they leave the factory, and I like em, what can go wrong:D

4. Allow me to briefly get a little off topic...
    SMASH, I notice you've got a Fender Jazz w/Antiquity IIs. How would you describe the sound, and what are you currently stringing it with?

5. You've got it wired for series/parallel? Very cool. I've been wanting to make that mod for a while now. Please, tell me more.

6. Excellent. Thanks!

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming. Any more string suggestions?

7. okieblues

okieblues

Mar 29, 2003
    ada, oklahoma
    hey smash.....i'm thinking about trying the Labella deep talking flats on my jazz, while they fit correctly strung through the body?

8. geezer316

geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    NEW HAVEN ,CT
    i tried out some GHS boomers 45-100 gauge strings on my p/j bass special(same neck size as a reg jazz)and they worked great AND they are pretty cheap too,i got them for 30.00$(3 set's)and since the j neck is slender i like to use a little lighter gauge.:bassist: