1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

No longer available Fender Jazz 5 with Mods

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Rapisme, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Price:
    Strings:
    What I have here is a 2011 modded Made in Mexico Fender standard 5 modded with Hipshot tuners and some one off pickups. The pickups I have no information on but I'll tell ya they're a vast improvement that the stock pickups and they sound really Good!
    Bass is in overall really clean condition I'm going to say 8.5 out of 10 conservatively. Without a scale it feels like it's in the 9ish lb realm. Frets are in great shape as the previous owner used it exclusively for recording. A few minor dings but nothing the cracks the finish. Or effects the playability.
    34 scale
    20 frets
    Bone nut
    Width at nut 1.75 inch
    18 mm string spacing
    Dunlop strap locks
    VVT
    Bournes or CTS pots
    Alder Body Sunburst
    Maple Neck
    Rosewood FB
    Hipshot string tree.
    Will come with an Audere preamp.
    Add 20.00 bucks for shipping west of the Missippi, $775.00 east of the Missippi! Will come with a HSC that has a broken Handle but I’ll enclose a replacement handle free of charge LOL!
    Willing to listen to what's out there but I'm really looking for a cash sale..
    My Feedback reflects who I am so deal in complete confidence that you're getting a really really good bass. Recently Setup.
    B string height 6:64ths D string to G 5:64ths. Very playable with nice low action.. A breeze to play!
    Conus only.
    Thanks Talkbass!
    Blue tape is just for setup purposes nothing going on under there.
    Now with an Audere pre..! Z mode!
    Strings are new.
    Folks this Bass is a killer..

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2018
  2. funkyjudge

funkyjudge Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    Very smart of you using that blue tape to keep from scratching the finish while adjusting the bridge!

By the way, isn’t that Stew-Mac tool kit the greatest thing for working on guitars and basses?

Rapisme likes this.
  3. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Yep, blue tape whenever I change strings! Roger on the Stew-Mac but there’s also another similar tool kit that you can get at Harbor Freight. These are really worth the price as they make for lots of adjustments and they’re in a small compact easy to get to kit, I love it!

4. funkyjudge

funkyjudge Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    Wish it weighed a little less (like 8 lbs.)!

G RICH 5 and Rapisme like this.