Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Jazz Aerodyne

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Krym, Aug 13, 2004.

1. Hi, I currently own a MIM Jazz, and I'm thinking of plunking down the cash to buy a Jazz Aerodyne (http://www.guitartrader.com/itm.icl?pid=37964&orderidentifier=icat_orderID). I like lighter wood (Basswood) and I think the P pickup really allows me to play more styles. I also love the look and feel (I tried one at my local GC).

Anyone out there with Aerodynes and can tell me how good they are? I know there's an old thread similar to this, but Aerodyne is a relatively new model. Now that you guys have some experience with this model, what are your thoughts?

Thanks!

2. soholounge

soholounge

Aug 11, 2004
    Colorado
    i don't own one, but i played one for about an hour straight at a local guitar shop here in Japan... it was really nice. setup was good and action was really good, a responsive instrument overall and it sounds like a jazz, despite the basswood, maybe a little bit more resonant, but that's good for growl, i think. don't expect the ash body big bottom slap sounds ala marcus though...i almost bought it, but couldn't justify the purchase at the time. they look great too.

3. Sounds good. Anyone know the differences between the aerodyne i and ii? I know the ii model (newer ones) have a pickguard and fret dots, but are those the only differences? I think I also heard that ii models are a bit cheaper. I was wondering what other differences there were.