Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Jazz American '62 Reissue Lake Placid Blue

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by bigsammy, Feb 24, 2004.

1. bigsammy

bigsammy

Jan 29, 2001
    Moline, IL
    I have here for possible sale/trade is a beautiful Fender Jazz American '62 Reissue in Lake Placid Blue. It is in great condition and plays like a dream. Just recently had it set up and I just re-strung it with Rotosounds. The bass plays great and sounds great. I've gone through many basses and have held on to this one for quite some time and is definitely my favorite bass I have played/owned. For more information and pics follow the link at the bottom of the page. What I'm willing to trade for is very broad but the top of the list is probably a higher-end fretless. I am definitely open to many other trades. Just let me know what you have. bigsammy@qconline.com (309)314-4849.

www.geocities.com/kramer91/fenderjazz

2. bigsammy

bigsammy

Jan 29, 2001
    Moline, IL
    I forgot to mention it comes with the OHSC and all the original accessories. Everything is in great shape

3. bigsammy

bigsammy

Jan 29, 2001
    Moline, IL
    C'mon, nobody is interested? Bump. :rolleyes:

4. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    The link does not work. That site is temporarly unavailable...
    Do you have a price on the bass?

5. bigsammy

bigsammy

Jan 29, 2001
    Moline, IL
    I just checked the link and I found it to be working. However, if you are still having problems with it send me an e-mail and I'll send ya the pics.

Sam

6. FritzM

FritzM Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Madison, MS
    Sam,
    I have a USA 75 reissue, natural, maple neck, black block inlays, that is bassically brand new with case candy, hand tags, and OHSC. I love everything about it, but I was originally looking for a 62 reissue.

Let me know

75 reissue

___Fritz alex.martin@gte.net

7. This is just a crazy idea, but I have a 1997 Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass fretless in sunburst. It has an ash body, actually...something I don't think you find often. It's lightweight, got a great, slim neck, and I put a tung oil finish on the lined rosewood board and it gets a great mwah sound with some mid boost. Amazing lows and really clear highs. It's a 1997 so it has the Suhr pickups and preamp. My idea is this...I'd trade you as a direct swap, then I trade FritzM as a direct swap. I'd love the '75, he'd love a '62, and you're looking for a fretless. I don't have money to make up for the difference on my end, though. That's the only crux. I love my fretless and can't imagine giving it up, but I just don't play it enough now that I'm not playing for my church. If it's something you and Fritz might consider, PM me or send me an email at bassman7 [at] ufl.edu. I guess I see the problem being between more of my fretless and your '62.

-Nick Park

8. bigsammy

bigsammy

Jan 29, 2001
    Moline, IL
    As good of an idea as that sounds, I see my bass as having more worth than that. I'm truly sorry as that would have worked well for everyone but I'm wanting to hold out for something different or special. If you have any other ideas, shoot.

-Sam

9. I understand. Just wondering, but how much would of a difference, if you'd take cash + fretless, would you be looking for?

-Nick Park

10. bigsammy

bigsammy

Jan 29, 2001
    Moline, IL
    I really don't know as I don't have any information on your bass nor do I know anything about them. All I can say for value is that I have a gentleman wanting to give me $950 shipped for it. Keep 'em comin'.

Sam

11. FritzM

FritzM Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Madison, MS
  12. bigsammy

bigsammy

Jan 29, 2001
    Moline, IL
    I hate to bring up a dead thread, but as my offers are dwindling the bass is still up for grabs. I'm really cravin' a fretless right now. Lemme know about any offers.

Sam

13. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    Hi!
    I have a minty Lakland 44-2 in natural with a rosewood board and Lakland "Classic" white pearl guard that I would trade for the 62.
    Let me know,
    Matt

14. bigsammy

bigsammy

Jan 29, 2001
    Moline, IL
    Hmmm....the Lakland sounds interesting. Is it fretted or fretless? If you have ant pics, could you please forward them to my e-mail? Thanks.

Sam

15. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    Sammy,
    I believe that I already did, but I'll send some more..
    Matt

16. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    62 RI sell for $750 all day. Take the $950, and give the guy a kiss with the bass.

17. Marc H.

Marc H. Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2003
    Bucks County, PA
    Sammy:

I've got a sunburst/rosewood Lakland Skyline Glaub that isn't seeing much use.

Marc

18. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN TRADING YOUR BASS FOR ANY GUITAR STUFF?

19. bigsammy

bigsammy

Jan 29, 2001
    Moline, IL
    In response to cheezewiz, I'm not quite certain about that as I saw one a couple weeks ago go for about $1300 and other than that I've been seeing them go for around $900. The necks alone go for about $350 or $400. jacochops, I don't believe that I've gotten any e-mails from you, bigsammy@qconline.com. Joey Squid, no thanks. Marc H., might as well send me some pics and info if it's cool with you. Thanks again everyone.

Sam

20. FritzM

FritzM Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Madison, MS
    Cheezewiz is correct on the price. GC sells them brand new for $1200. The only reason it would go for more, is if it was a "V00" serial number. $750 is about right.

___Fritz