1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender jazz American Deluxe V Buzz...is the preamp or pickups?!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lukiluk, Feb 22, 2016.

1. lukiluk

lukiluk

Oct 12, 2012
    Torino,Italy
    Hi,
    I know you talked a lot about this topic ... but I ask the owners of the bass ... I shielded the bass but continues to be a slight buzz in active mode especially in recording ...
    You solved by changing the pickups or preamp?
    Thank you

2. Antisyzygy

Antisyzygy

Dec 8, 2014
    Washington
    You might want to post that here :

Pickups & Electronics [BG]

Folks that frequent that forum can help diagnose issues like that.

Preamps tend to have a little bit of thermal noise but I am not sure how much the Fender preamp is supposed to have. Some preamps have more, some less. It would be hissy sounding rather than buzzy and you would notice it more when turning up the treble knob.

One question they will ask in the pickups/electronics forum is "Does the buzz get louder, or get quieter when you touch the strings?". The American Deluxe basses I believe should have noise-cancelling pickups so it's probably not 60 cycle hum but you could have a bad pickup potentially. Again, that other forum has people frequent it that can help.

3. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Does anything impact the buzz? Does it stop when balance the pickups? Does it stop when you touch metal/strings/bridge or is the hum constant?