Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Jazz Bass 1972

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Detonation, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Any ideas on how much an original 1972 Fender Jazz Bass is worth? There seem to be large differences in the prices of the vintage Jazz basses, I guess their number of production varied from year to year? I saw one on a local auction site and liked it quite a bit. I just don't really know how much it's worth?

2. I don't know how much it's worth... but you've got a beautiful bass...

After a search, I saw all original early 70's JB @ $3000-$3500(I saw that on Ebay).
    As always with the vintage market, it's depends on how much a potential buyer would put money in, some of them are ready to give 3 grands, others less, others more...
    If you look carefully on the net(classifieds etc...), you'll probably find an estimation.

3. zazz

zazz

Feb 27, 2004
    Cebu
    that might be conservative....70s jazz basses are hot these days.....whats the body wood?

4. kelbrihan

kelbrihan Banned [Deceiving users with multiple usernames] Banned

Dec 2, 2004
    Those were definately GCrep auctions, Guitar Center alway lists their vintage auctions at ridiculous prices and they never sell.
    I did a search of completed item and found that '72's in great condition go for $2500-$2700.

5. Thanks for the replies guys! Seems like the ad is gone now, probabloy a good thing since I can't miss the money :( I think his price was around $1400, but it did have some cosmetic damage.