1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Jazz Bass 24 fret

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ska, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Ska

Ska

Nov 20, 2007
    Hey everyone, long time no post. Good to be back.

Here's my question. I've been searching high and low for a 24-fret Jazz Bass that Fender made in the mid-late 2000's, specifically the black finish. They're extremely hard to come by, and I finally found one on Ebay from a seller in New York. Here's the sketchy part.

There were only 2 photos that weren't a stock photo that you could've pulled from Google. I asked them for more pics, and then they said something about that model being made in Indonesia, not Korea, which didn't make any sense to me since I thought most Fenders were made in Mexico or the USA. Obviously, I haven't bid yet, but should I be worried about this? My paranoid side is inclined not to trust it, but I've had such a hard time finding these, I'd love to believe it's legit.

What do you guys think? Anybody have one of these that can offer some feedback? Or what do you think about the seller?

Here's the post:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fender-Jazz...s-/330801090702?pt=Guitar&hash=item4d0548108e

2. vernhillbass

vernhillbass

May 11, 2012
    I have the Orange quilt version of this bass. The Photos look right for the layout. All of the J24's were made in Korea. I will take some pics of mine tomorrow so you can compare.

3. Ska

Ska

Nov 20, 2007
    Sweet man, thanks a lot for your help. I played one around 2008 and loved it, but have had a hell of a time getting one since.