Hey all, I have to tell you of my most recent purchase. For the longest time I have wanted a Fender Jazz Bass 24 and I almost never see them on eBay and when Guitar Center gets one in, it's gone as quickly as it came and it is going to be a while before you see another one again. I found one! I wanted the quilted sunburst finish, but was more than happy to receive the quilted cherry sunburst. I ordered it on Wednesday and it came Thursday, that never happens!!!! (To me at least) I took it out of the box and everything looked great. It was almost mint! The action was fairly higher than I cared for, however, I wasn't going to do anything with it because I was going to restring it with a new set of my particular brand of strings. After cleaning it and waxing it, shining up the frets and conditioning the fingerboard with my favorite brand of lemon oil, I put my set of strings on it. I like to string my basses through the body, if they provide me with that option, and this bass did allow for through body stringing. After I tuned it up it needed a set up.... badly. The action had become much higher. No problem I thought... I have done all of my own set ups for years. "It's no problem" I said..."I can take care of this"... I started with the bridge because the neck had looked pretty good, needing only minor adjustment if that. After setting the bridge saddles to the radius of the board all hell broke loose. It was clear to me that the neck was going to need to be adjusted. I found the correct size allen wrench..... "Oh no!" I said to myself... It was stripped out. Being optimistic, I thought perhaps I didn't have the right size wrench. I immediately took it to Guitar Center in Toledo, OH where I was told that the tech was on vacation until Tuesday and until then there was nothing that anybody could do for me per company policy. They did at least take a look at it and that was where I also learned that the neck wasn't set right and that it needed shimmed along with the truss rod nut. I asked if they thought if I should return it. I was told that it might be fixable and to hang on until Tuesday morning when the tech returns. I really want to keep the bass if it can be fixed. Another store has the exact same bass for just about $25-50 more. I keep thinking to myself to just return it and get that other one. Anyways.... I love the bass. I am just very disappointed. What do you guys think? I understand that I am the only one that can make the decision. What would you do?