Fender Jazz Bass 24 MIK

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Agito, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Agito

Agito

Jun 27, 2009
    Hi, I'm thinking of buying one of those and adding it a Kahler 7410 bridge and i might change the preamp and pickups later
    Though i hope she sounds good as she is

I want this bass to be my main road bass, So i can perform with it and so on, I like the 24 frets and want it, And unfortunately i already bought long time ago the Kahler and can't sell it locally, I'f i could i would buy a 5'er or 6'er Kahler

Anyway, How is the bass and how is it in comparison to my main bass the Fender J Bass 60th Anniversary which i really love?

If there is anything else really recommended in the price of 500-1000 bucks that is not SX and a 4'er with 24frets (Or even a bit less) That i can mount my Kahler on

I would gladly want to hear
    Thanks TB

2. LCW

LCW Inactive

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    There discontinued i just got one of the last ones i could find , as for a bass similair to it i know fender wont have anything like that.

3. Agito

Agito

Jun 27, 2009
    There is one on eBay
    I don't care getting it second hand or something

The question is how good are they? The wood and the bass itself, I need a serious bass like my trusty American Fender, That's why i'm asking

4. LCW

LCW Inactive

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    Ah ok.

I actually read alot of reviews most are positive. I have not got the bass yet so i odnt know from first hand experience, i actually dont know if i will like it becuase of the 24 frets

But type fender jazz 24 reviews into google.com and there are alot

5. pal1972

pal1972

Jan 19, 2009
    i got one last year from the states as a 'second' instead of having a push/pull active/passive pot it just had a standard volume pot! and foir the privelage i saved £260 on the UK price! its great, it is one of my main gigging basses (second only to my warwick fortress one) and I love it, great range of tones, lovely feel well worth getting your hands on one!

6. Bassman203

Bassman203

Mar 29, 2008
    Chicagoland
    I love mine and would never sell it. But I've played others and haven't liked them, so I don't really know what to tell you.

One tip, check the neck if you get it, fender had lots of problems with the necks they made and plenty of them were twisted. If it's twisted, you can get it fixed under warranty at any fender service center. Of course, if you don't have the original receipt because you bought it on eBay, you're gonna have a little trouble with that.

7. Agito

Agito

Jun 27, 2009
    Is there anything better in the price range of 500-1000 bucks?
    Cause i preffer something else, Cuase i'm getting this from eBay and i can't check the bass anywhere...

8. dalkowski

dalkowski Supporting Member

May 20, 2009
    Massachusetts USofA
    MM Bongo, if the shape doesn't put you off. Happy hunting!

9. Agito

Agito

Jun 27, 2009
  10. dalkowski

May 20, 2009
    Massachusetts USofA
    Ummm, OK then.

11. SlingBass4

SlingBass4

Feb 28, 2009
    Kansas City
    I'd recommend a Highway One - BEST bang for yer Fender buck :smug:

12. Agito

Agito

Jun 27, 2009
    I need the 24 frets, So it's kinda critical to me.
    And i preffer to stay away from the highway.

13. dalkowski

May 20, 2009
    Massachusetts USofA
    24 frets, under a grand. That's why I suggested the Bongo. I'm going to follow this thread, 'cuz I'm interested in what else is out there.

14. I've had a 24'er for 3 years. Now displaced by a Lakland 4 94, but still keeping hold of it as it is an excellent second bass. Up 'til getting the Lakland, I loved it, but the neck feels a little agricultural in comparisin. Fitted a Badass 11 which really helps tone and sustain.
    For the price, can't recomend it enough. Whether it will compete with a MIA Jazz - not so sure.

15. Bassman203

Bassman203

Mar 29, 2008
    Chicagoland
    They have Fender Jazz 24's in stores still. There's one at my local sam ash and a place called modern music. There was one at my local guitar center too after it was discontinued but I haven't been there in awhile.

16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021