Fender Jazz Bass 24

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by srxplayer, Mar 16, 2006.

1. srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    I have searched but found nothing on this bass.

I went into my local GC today to pick up a DBX Drive Rack PA. While I was waiting for my sales guy to pull my gear I went to the bass room to goof around and found one of these on the wall. I noticed the 24 fret neck and tried it out. I love this thing. In fact I liked it enough to order one in cherry sunburst.

It sounded awsome through a Mesa Head and 4 X 10 cab and then I tried it through an Ampeg BA115HP which I use for my church gig every week and it still sounded excellent. Lots of tones in the 3 band with a "slap switch".

Anyone out there own one of these?
  2. yes i own one...i don't know about the one you played but the fret job on the one i bought was terrible so 3 days after i bought it i had the frets dressed. But hey with production basses like that you win some you lose some...the neck is nice and fast but the E string is ALWAYS lacking life and energy.
  3. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    There are a lot of threads about this bass, but you can't find them with the search function because "24" is too short to search on. Try "MIK" or "Korea"+"Fender" or some other thing.
  4. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yep, definately quite a few threads about it. Wish something like 24 wasn't too short for a search, but alas it is.

I really liked the one I played... didn't have that vintage vibe I was looking for, but overall was very nice. I was astounded when I read Made in Korea on the back of the headstock as I hung it back up.
  5. srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    I will try again thanks for the advice.