Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Jazz Bass 24

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by srxplayer, Mar 16, 2006.

1. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    I have searched but found nothing on this bass.

I went into my local GC today to pick up a DBX Drive Rack PA. While I was waiting for my sales guy to pull my gear I went to the bass room to goof around and found one of these on the wall. I noticed the 24 fret neck and tried it out. I love this thing. In fact I liked it enough to order one in cherry sunburst.

It sounded awsome through a Mesa Head and 4 X 10 cab and then I tried it through an Ampeg BA115HP which I use for my church gig every week and it still sounded excellent. Lots of tones in the 3 band with a "slap switch".

Anyone out there own one of these?

2. yes i own one...i don't know about the one you played but the fret job on the one i bought was terrible so 3 days after i bought it i had the frets dressed. But hey with production basses like that you win some you lose some...the neck is nice and fast but the E string is ALWAYS lacking life and energy.

3. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    There are a lot of threads about this bass, but you can't find them with the search function because "24" is too short to search on. Try "MIK" or "Korea"+"Fender" or some other thing.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yep, definately quite a few threads about it. Wish something like 24 wasn't too short for a search, but alas it is.

I really liked the one I played... didn't have that vintage vibe I was looking for, but overall was very nice. I was astounded when I read Made in Korea on the back of the headstock as I hung it back up.

5. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    I will try again thanks for the advice.