Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fender jazz bass (Aerodyne)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fat-L, Sep 22, 2003.

1. fat-L

fat-L

Sep 11, 2003
    U.S.A. ATLANTA
    I was approached with the chance to purchase a Fender Aerodyne jazz bass from a co worker. It looks brand new and is supposed to be a few months old.. I was searching for some input on this bass. Thanks FAT-L:bassist:

2. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    Sorry I have to say this but.... use the search feature!

I think that the Aerodyne sounds great! I A/Bed it with a Geddy Lee Jazz- and the Aerodyne KILLED! The only reason I didn't purchase was because the binding on the top hurt my arm. You should really sit down and give it a good play before purchasing! Hope I helped.

matt

3. I have to agree - the binding is weird especially if you're used to playing Fender Jazzes with the "Normal" body. Easy to rest your arm on the standard ones but the binding of the Aerodyne did 'cut' into my forearm.

However, the sound was really bitchin! Love the P-J pup combo - made it very versitile for someone looking for hte best of the P-J world.

My biggest bitch is that the control cavity is REALLY small - it would be impossible to add active EQ (if you wanted to) without a luthier making a new cavity for you.

Give it a run around the block though - a really nice bass for about $600 street!