fender jazz bass deluxe

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mangle, Feb 7, 2002.

1. mangle

Dec 17, 2001
    Guayaquil, ECUADOR
    Any comments about this bass? likes and dislikes? A friend of my drummer is selling his jazz bass in $600...is a god deal?
    thank you all
  2. Chace90

Chace90 Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2002
    Denver, CO
    american or mexican?
  3. Dan Muller

Dan Muller Guest

Sep 28, 2001
    Baltimore, Maryland
    That is gonna be my next bass. they are sweet. if it is in good condition, i wouldsay its a damn good deal. just make sure its american. they sell for around $1200 new. the mexican ones, while they are awesome as well, sell for about $600 brand new. i say go for it.

4. mangle

Dec 17, 2001
    Guayaquil, ECUADOR
    yes, its american...it felt good acoustically, but i just played it for a few minutes, i didn t notice anything wrong...
    you guys who own one, I will apreciate any comment about it
  5. lowfreqman

Aug 18, 2001
    behind a bass
    I have the American Deluxe Jazz V and have been very satisfied with the tone, playability and reliability of this bass. The only problem I have had with the bass was that nut slot for the E-string was cut a little too big for my liking, but that was an easy fix.

If it is in good condition, go for it! This bass will serve you well.

6. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
    I have a MIA '97 Jazz Deluxe and love playing it. I bought it used two years ago for $800 so the price that you are getting is great.
  7. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    A fine bass, a sweet deal, GO for it!!
  8. Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    I bought mine brand new at Guitar Center in '99 for $550.It was the last '98 model left and was just sitting there with a sign that said "Managers Special".It was also the last year before they came out with the Noiseless pickups. It's a beautiful bass(Transparent Crimson finish,Abalone inlays)and playability wise it's the easiest playing bass i've ever owned .The only gripe I have is low output from the pickups.Im not sure if it's the pickups or the preamp though.I'm gonna put either a set of SD Quarter Pounders or DiMarzio Model J's and we''l see if that fixes the problem.
  9. BassPlayerGush

Sep 23, 2001
    i just got my jazz deluxe a couple months ago, and i truely do love it. it has a nice bright punch to it. unfortunetly, i didnt get for that cheap of a price:(
  10. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I have a American Deluxe V that I really like! The neck is great and it has killer tone....it's one of my favorite basses. Fender gets a bad rap IMHO!
    Aloha, Jerry
  11. Dennis Meredith at The Bass Place in Phoenix has a bunch of brand new ones he is selling for $895. He bought a big shipment.