1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Jazz Bass Help

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BHester93, Mar 22, 2013.

1. BHester93

BHester93

Feb 18, 2013
    Mississippi
    hello i recently aquired a fender jazz out of a local pawn shop. out of my own curiosity i was wondering if anyone out there might know anything about it because im interested to know mainly how old it is and some misc. stuff such as that. in my eyes it is a beautiful bass and im in love with the pickguard. i cant find a serial number on it all i can find is a patent sticker and the decal on the back that says Bay. the plate on the back says Limited Edition Custom Shop but in my miniscule amount of researching i couldnt find anything. any help/ pointers would be greatly appreciated. thank you ImageUploadedByTalkBass1363976102.314656. ImageUploadedByTalkBass1363976118.895378.

2. Dragan

Dragan

Oct 5, 2009
    its downsized body?
    date is easy,just remove the neck.

3. not a Fender

4. Mushroo

Mushroo Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Massachusetts, USA
    Doesn't look like a Fender to me. Got a photo of the headstock? Pop the neck off and take a photo of the neck heel, too.

5. BHester93

BHester93

Feb 18, 2013
    Mississippi
    ImageUploadedByTalkBass1363976893.423819. thanks for the replys everybody, im goingto remove the neck as soon as i get off. and i poligize about the headstock picture it only lets me get 2 at a time

6. Stormer

Stormer

Jul 24, 2012
    Hmmm.....I don't think its legit

7. johnson79

johnson79

Jan 8, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    My keen sense of observation is telling me this is not a Fender bass at all. Nothing looks legit:rollno:

8. I hope you didn't pay Fender money for that, it's a total faker

9. Mushroo

Apr 2, 2007
    Massachusetts, USA
    Well whatever it is, it looks like a nice player with a unique character and some nice relicing. Hope it feels as comfortable and broken-in as it looks! :)

10. BHester93

BHester93

Feb 18, 2013
    Mississippi
    the head stock stickers seemed fishy but i was just looking for an ole beat up looking bass and saw this. and i didnt pay anything close to fender money only about 80 plus whatever tax was

11. Arial Bender

Arial Bender

Oct 28, 2012
    Largo Fla.
    Those neckplates/ decals are avail. on e-bay.

12. funkmaru

funkmaru

Mar 29, 2012
    Looks like a fun bass with a lot of character for 80 bucks! I dig it :D how does she sound?

13. well that's cool, as long as you like the bass and weren't ripped off :)

14. Dragan

Dragan

Oct 5, 2009
    what a fake.

15. BHester93

BHester93

Feb 18, 2013
    Mississippi
    you know ive been at work pondering it and really. i dont care if its a fender or not. its a pretty neat little thing and i like it like it is. it looks kinda cool and ive never seen one like it around here. it sounds pretty great and plays smooth. ive never played a shortscale bass but i imagine this is what one would look like. its a little bigger than a guitar but i think its neat either way

16. Mushroo

Apr 2, 2007
    Massachusetts, USA
    Measure from the nut to the bridge. 30"=short scale; 32"=medium scale; 34"=normal/standard scale